Training 2019 Training - pics, reports etc

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not sure if we "don't rate him". I rate him but believe he made errors last year.

Overcomplicated system.

Too many talls.

Both of which can be largely attributed to a constant turnover of personnel through injury.

No continuity in understanding between players.

And many weeks where "selection" was so constrained that there were only 4 players on the list who could be LEFT OUT.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Where did you see Wiliamson Jimmae?
Williamson was confirmed as in the main group in a news article last night, but perhaps he's not in 'full training' just yet, though he'd have to be taking some contact drills otherwise why make the distinction?

Whatever the case, it sounds like Williamson, Marchbank and Macreadie will all be fit and available for our first VFL game, and thus with a shot at selection from that point on (AFL R5) at the latest.

For mine, it read like they'll all probably feature in a couple of VFL practice matches before then too.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Williamson was confirmed as in the main group in a news article last night, but perhaps he's not in 'full training' just yet, though he'd have to be taking some contact drills otherwise why make the distinction?

Whatever the case, it sounds like Williamson, Marchbank and Macreadie will all be fit and available for our first VFL game, and thus with a shot at selection from that point on (AFL R5) at the latest.

For mine, it read like they'll all probably feature in a couple of VFL practice matches before then too.
I need Willo back in the side for the good of my heart

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League

The VFL might really be worth watching again this year. Could be some quality players back there getting around.

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Any update re: Matt Kennedy rumoured injury?

Lets hope his shoulder injury is minor and he only required the week off as per the injury report.

Kennedy is going to be an important player for us against Port and Sydney in rounds 2 & 3, and hopefully against Richmond if he's fully fit for round 1.

Back