2019 Training Reports

Cesoir

Debutant
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can understand the TBC for Bennell and Sandilands and potentially SHill as well.

Test for BHill and Fyfe sounds about right.

But real frustration surrounds the lack of timeframe for the hamstring injuries and add Kersten who more than a month ago tore the fascia and was supposed to be only out for a week or two. Unique and complex no doubt.

Surely they can provide some timeframes on:
Blakely (Hamstring)
Logue (Hamstring)
Cox (Hamstring)
Swita (Hamstring)
Tabs (Hamstring)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Of those, from my non-expert observations Blakely is the furthest away and the last estimate on him was late April to mid May. Of the others Tabs seemed the most hampered but none of them looked too serious. I'd say by round three we "could" have all but Blakely back - but then we are Fremantle!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tonygeeks

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not on the surface, but I don't like to get my hopes up too high! The ones that might be a worry are Sandi and Steve Hill based on the frequency of recurrence from them both. I was actually encouraged by the way Bennell looked today, but I am definitely not getting excited about him yet. My fervent hope is we get him fit enough to play as a fairly stationary small / medium forward.
A fairly stationary mid / fwd ?

In today’s footy ?

Come on

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Hard to tell the main group from the rehab guys this morning :D

I'll probably miss some, but from memory it was:

Bennell - walking and slow jogging pretty gingerly - kicking both feet and just amazing to watch​
Sandilands - first time I've seen him since Christmas. Hard to tell, but doesn't look to be limping and looks in reasonable nick​
Taberner - walking and slow jogging​
Logue - doesn't look to bad, doing running and agility work. If he's not round 1 he won't be far off​
Blakely - coming along, hard to say how far away but seems in good spirits​
S Hill - focused a lot on kicking, initially with a tennis ball (amazing!) then a footy. Looks OK but not sure how far away​
Cox - walked laps with Brad Hill - probably a good couple of weeks off​
B Hill - walked laps with Cox, limping a bit but he reckons he'll be right for round 1​
Dixon - didn't look to be too badly hampered to me, maybe a week or two from joining back in​
Kersten - another I haven't seen for a while. Didn't look too bad, but he never looks to be running hard at the best of times - hard to tell​
Switkowski - doing lots of running, but still a bit hampered by the looks. He looks like a bloke desperate to get back and working his butt off​
Valente - walked and jogged laps, not sure what's going on with him. He was taking a pot shot at goals every lap, so doesn't look bad to me​
Thank you for the update. Greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayToGo_

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Fremantle
Rehab and pretty basic drills today. Rock seemed to be doing a lot of cobbling today.

Meek impressed me with is ability to his low hard kicks that found the target - pretty good for a big guy.

Hogan was having shots from around 50 late in training and hitting them pretty well - looks fine to me. And he's a shit stirrer.

Giro's kicking was similarly the kind of stuff you'd like to be leading up to.

Sonny looks to be moving well (touch wood).

I noticed Steve Rosich coming out onto the ground shaking hands with Joel Hamling - maybe a new deal has been agreed on?

Logue looks pretty good (and is carrying less hair) - I'd be surprised if he isn't ok for round 1. He is also a shit stirrer.

Blakely seems to be moving pretty well and indicated to the support staff he was comfortable.

Stephen Hill running with his customary smoothness so hopefully he's not too far away.

Poor Switta looks like a man who has had enough of rehab. I really hope he gets a decent crack at it because he's shown something when he's been out there.

Cox commented that his injury couldn't have come at a worse time. Not sure what the prognosis is but he looks like a sore boy.

I won't say anything about Harley except please footy gods give us and him a break.

I have a good feeling about Barra - he's done a full pre-season and it wouldn't surprise me if he ripped it up this year.

It was nice to see Johnno down there in a Freo polo talking to the coaches. I don't know if he's doing some coaching.

That's about all I've got.

wayToGo_

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Maybe it's time to look at time spent on a senior list as opposed to actual games played when assessing father-son eligibility?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
The whole discussion is moot isn’t it? Can’t get on the park, a near certainty to be delisted come year’s end?

Top Bottom