2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounded to me like he is adjusting to medication and mixing with Alcohol (especially early on with new medication) didn’t have a good outcome. RTB made it clear he wouldn’t go into the specifics of the behaviour outcome and said that the Doctors came to him on Sunday and said Hogan isn’t available and we need to work through this with Jesse medically.

Let’s remember there were pictures run by the West Australian of Jesse sitting in the stand with RTB and Lobb on Sat afternoon at East Fremantle oval.

His late father passed away in late April 2017 and then about 2 weeks later in early May 2017 he was diagnosed with testicular cancer.

Let’s back off Jesse and let him get himself right before he is recalled. No need for him to train or play with Peel.

Mark Duffield made a comment yesterday about Shane Kersten not being liked. Not heard this before and Kersten’s Plantar Fasciitis issue has been dragging on for months. Still listed as TBC.

Has anyone seen Shane Kersten at training?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kersten is an interesting one. Came over expecting his forward spot to be locked in, sadly mistaken. Then Tabs is now preferred. Probably hasn’t took to the Peel culture or embraced it, due to having similar circumstances over in Geelong. Got given a harsh reality check me thinks, and doesn’t like it? Who cares, his career probably never really took off and will be expendable. Sad but true

I really don't think we should be clogging up the best thread in this forum with all this (so maybe lets take this convo to the respective threads). But please do create a list of all the proof out there about Jesse (and Harley if you don't mind) and share with us. I've searched a lot and found very little so I'm curious. With so many camera phones, cctv footage etc, it should be pretty easy to create a compelling case given how regularly these guys are doing the wrong thing ;)

Your right wrong thread

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

maybe something in that comment about Kersten as i saw plenty of him last year at peel and he never seemed to embrace/encourage the player group
like say sam collins , brady grey or matty deboer
In my opinion we have exited the soul of our club and does Lyon really know a footballer from a netball player (or was it chris bond)
Bring back the likes of barlow and deboer next year as assistant coaches, we need substance not flashy

I honestly think McPharlin is the one we simply need to get involved with the club. The East Freo guys were very impressed with the coaching he did in his few months there as an assistant. Pay him whatever it takes to get him away from pharmacy or whatever he’s doing - it’ll be worth it.

I get the older generation have a more of a 'toughen up' attitude around mental illness and are worried everyone is becoming to PC about it all bla bla.. but we are not as ******* dumb as we were 30yrs ago, we evolve, learn and research and now know it is a real serious ******* issue and so diverse.

I mean doctors used to send house wives home with clinical post natal depression with a laugh and a pat on the back if they were lucky not all that long ago.

Last Gen's footy blokes would be under a tiny fraction of the stress and expectation that these poor young players are. Testosterone, social media, media scrutiny, big money, a short career, rigorous club standards and rules. You throw personal tragedy into the mix and it is a tinder box ready to go off.

The toughen up crowd need to realise they are just plain old wrong ESPECIALLY when all the facts are not present.

When Jesse makes it on the park I'ma be cheering loud with a proud dumb smile.

Nah, I'm not going to do a long explanatory post as this is, I agree with others, not the thread for it but I am reasonably confident and hopeful, without of course being certain, that these years 2010-?2030 will be looked back on as the absolute nadir of psychological health in western history. 40000r+ years of human evolution turned upside down in one generation of post modernist bullshit about a healthy human psyche? I don't think so.

I honestly think McPharlin is the one we simply need to get involved with the club. The East Freo guys were very impressed with the coaching he did in his few months there as an assistant. Pay him whatever it takes to get him away from pharmacy or whatever he’s doing - it’ll be worth it.
Setting up a scholarship for Bronte and Willow could get it done.

Enough of all this BS... time for some pics from today's training:

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2019-03-20/training-gallery-20-march

07training03202019.jpg

26training03202019.jpg

Was that you?

My cousin (no pun intended) would watch them meet up with Kizon around his work carpark in Subi on a weekly basis. Cash exchange etc
Yep, used to work in the building on the corner of rokeby, overlooking the little cafe/sushi joint on the corner. Cash exchange, goods exchange, baddabing baddaboom.

Nah, I'm not going to do a long explanatory post as this is, I agree with others, not the thread for it but I am reasonably confident and hopeful, without of course being certain, that these years 2010-?2030 will be looked back on as the absolute nadir of psychological health in western history. 40000r+ years of human evolution turned upside down in one generation of post modernist bullshit about a healthy human psyche? I don't think so.
Think the earth is flat too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope everyone maintains patience with Darcy, I think I've started to see a few of the screws turn after the JLT.

What he has done as a 1st and 2nd year ruck is amazing but he's going to take another 3 years (even more) before he starts to hit his stride

I actually find ruckman quite interesting because for the most part they have like 2 years of really good footy, 8 years of development to get to that point, then a gradual fade away after there best couple of years until they are replaced by the younger version. Its no wonder a lot of clubs cant be f'd developing there own and just pinch developed reserve ruckman from another club

I’m on the “rebuild “ approach. We ain’t winning no premiership in 2019.

Zero risk policy. Rest all soft tissue and Hogan first few rounds. Don’t rush tabs back, even rest Brad Hill (remember what happened last year?)

Valente, Sturt play for Peel till after bye.

Lower the expectation and stop taking frustration out on Hogan and the club.

with all due respect, I think that is a terrible attitude for the club to have.
at the start of any of the past 3 seasons would anybody considered a good footy judge have picked the flag winner?
no chance!
I reckon this rebuild mantra is a losers' philosophy.
Get confident. Back ourselves in & enjoy the ride.
We've had a losers' mentality as a club for too long.
stranger things have happened.

with all due respect, I think that is a terrible attitude for the club to have.
at the start of any of the past 3 seasons would anybody considered a good footy judge have picked the flag winner?
no chance!
I reckon this rebuild mantra is a losers' philosophy.
Get confident. Back ourselves in & enjoy the ride.
We've had a losers' mentality as a club for too long.
stranger things have happened.
I genuinely don't think this would be an issue with Ross. The internal day-to-day stuff would be similar to that of our 2012-2015 years. It is more just the patience and expectations would be adjusted. Even then, I doubt the younger players would even notice and the senior players would understand.

Remember, the rebuild talk is for the fans, not the players. The fans outlook on it makes no difference to the performance either.

I think it makes sense to realistically place your expectations as a fan. You gain nothing by expecting more than your team is capable of except disappointment when they can't live up to it.

With that in mind, still don't think Sturt should play. Looks like he might break if he does (mind you so did Fyfe). Can't wait for Valente though. Hope that happens early.

With that in mind, still don't think Sturt should play. Looks like he might break if he does (mind you so did Fyfe). Can't wait for Valente though. Hope that happens early.
I agree here. I just feel like we have enough guys with more ready to play bodies than Sturt, although I am super excited to see what he can bring.

Valente, Crowden, Giro, Schultz, Bewley, Nyhuis, Banfield, North, Watson; it is a pretty long list of players who could be options but who are not locked in best 22. Be good to find out about them.

Treat yourself. You have
Areyou a physician?
I am realistic. And i have had enough of the club getting walked over by the media & certain players.
Panic attacks ? Unable to get out of bed in the morning ? Withdrawing from freinds & family ? Hogan looks more than comfortable in front of the camera and in a team environment.
But if you want to be spoon fed bullshit. Enjoy.

Remember, the rebuild talk is for the fans, not the players. The fans outlook on it makes no difference to the performance either.

Disagree. The club's rebuild philosophy is going to filter down through the playing group. Losing has become acceptable in the bigger picture. Players and senior staff are not under enough pressure/expectations to perform. The head honchos at our club have created a Carlton/Saints type of environment. It really is mind blowing considering the evidence for how s**t that approach has been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back