Nodgey

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
As with rotations and the possession game-style, Freo were yet again well ahead of the curve with coaching 'technique'. Remember when we had Olympian gymnast Allanah Slater at the club helping players with their technique? And as we did with our 'chip and draw' game style and high rotations, we were laughed out of town. But I tell you what, there are many players who are still awful with their set shot kicking and a coach teaching them the knack of perfecting on concentrating on technique would be most beneficial. I notice Lobb now does the skip skip run-up with his set shots...

FD0014

Rookie
Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone turn up for these things anymore?
I was down there....Lobb trained but really didn't do anything with his left arm.
In the match sim at the end of session, Ballas was with Sandi, Lobb, Matera so maybe he is in....trained with a real spring in his step.
Wilson spent a lot of time on the sideline with fitness staff, joined in match sim at the end.
I thought Sandi and Darcy trained well.
In fact I thought everyone except Lobb and Wilson trained really well.
Luke Ryan looked the best at a training session that I have seen him for a while. Usually very sore and kicking to the fitness staff.
A few stayed out for a while doing extra bits....Hamling and Logue one on one against each other and the midfield (Cerra included) did a bit of extra as well.

StingBitten

Norm Smith Medallist
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
I do sometimes

Bloody hard to view compared to Freo oval plus everyone is bunched together and a fewpeople piss me off when I'm there.

So I try avoiding them
Yeah I know what you mean, when the players pretend like someone called their name as they're heading to the shed you know you're not the only one.

GingerDocker

Debutant
Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was down there....Lobb trained but really didn't do anything with his left arm.
In the match sim at the end of session, Ballas was with Sandi, Lobb, Matera so maybe he is in....trained with a real spring in his step.
Wilson spent a lot of time on the sideline with fitness staff, joined in match sim at the end.
Luke Ryan looked the best at a training session that I have seen him for a while. Usually very sore and kicking to the fitness staff.
A few stayed out for a while doing extra bits....Hamling and Logue one on one against each other and the midfield (Cerra included) did a bit of extra as well.
Cheers FD...it's great to hear there's still a level of enthusiasm on the track and even better to see Cerra training with the mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unique Name

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is Tabs doing any training yet?

Top Bottom