2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

McPhee deciding to pull the pin a year early despite being in great form and Ibbotson missing the grand final cost us the flag. As good as Sutcliffe was at delivering the ball. He lost a fair share of 1 on 1s that grand final.
McPhee definitely burnt us.

Among other things.

apologies guys. I did say I'd try get down this week but it appears as if that wont be possible :mad: When I finally get a chance (probably not for a while) I'll try watch as attentively as possible and make the wait worth your while!

Also just wanted to point out when saying Ibbo and Duman are nothing alike and pointing out some of Ibbo's weaknesses, I did not for one second mean to disrespect the guy. He's an absolute talent and we were very lucky to have him, I just find the comparison tough when I'd say Duman's strengths are very different to what Ibbo's were.

McPhee deciding to pull the pin a year early despite being in great form and Ibbotson missing the grand final cost us the flag. As good as Sutcliffe was at delivering the ball. He lost a fair share of 1 on 1s that grand final.
Always bug me that McPhee decision. Was he loyal to Harvey that he couldn’t play on under Lyon? He was really beneficial under Lyon anyway. Dominated 2012 Finals too.

apologies guys. I did say I'd try get down this week but it appears as if that wont be possible :mad: When I finally get a chance (probably not for a while) I'll try watch as attentively as possible and make the wait worth your while!

Also just wanted to point out when saying Ibbo and Duman are nothing alike and pointing out some of Ibbo's weaknesses, I did not for one second mean to disrespect the guy. He's an absolute talent and we were very lucky to have him, I just find the comparison tough when I'd say Duman's strengths are very different to what Ibbo's were.
Perhaps Dumas is more Dudfieldesque than Ibbotype in style at least?

By the time the pin was pulled, McPhee had been ******* up an awful lot.
The body was willing but he was getting pretty terrible with the ball in hand.
Am I remembering that far wrong?

Always bug me that McPhee decision. Was he loyal to Harvey that he couldn’t play on under Lyon? He was really beneficial under Lyon anyway. Dominated 2012 Finals too.

He wanted to play on, but his wife didn’t enjoy being away from her family and wanted to move back East. Money was no issue, I think she earnt really good money.

With regards to his disposal, it wasn’t so bad, he was in some good form in 2012, he did have the odd injury though but played the majority of the year.

Just got back, it was getting quite warm, be nice if the doctor popped up.
* As has already been mentioned, Logue has a strange haircut, I couldn’t pick him, but the body gave me a clue. That dudes big.
* The Fyfe arm is still carrying the large black bandage.
* Pleased to see Jesse participating in the skills work, he’s moving and kicking well.
* Ed has a pretty good left foot as well.
* Giro was doing leg work away from the main group. Looked like he joined the skills work after.
* Sonny was away from the main group, doing knee flexes etc.
* Banfield is bigger, and ripped.
* Blakley was walking laps.
* Looked like Alex Pearce went in early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me get this straight. You are not happy with a guy who broke into the team from the Rookie List. Had played less than 10 games at the elite level. Then compare him to a player who Played 177 games for us, Rising Star nominee and also played International Rules after getting dudded as All Australian as an insult???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never said I wasn’t happy with him. I just said he needs to fix a few things in his game to be a solid player with little weaknesses in his game. I compared him to ibbotdon because of the type of player he is. To me they are similar and ibbo was a pretty good player. it’s not an insult at all lolz it’s a straight up assessment of what I see he needs to fix to be a better player and possibly be better than ibbo

Just got back, it was getting quite warm, be nice if the doctor popped up.
* As has already been mentioned, Logue has a strange haircut, I couldn’t pick him, but the body gave me a clue. That dudes big.
* The Fyfe arm is still carrying the large black bandage.
* Pleased to see Jesse participating in the skills work, he’s moving and kicking well.
* Ed has a pretty good left foot as well.
* Giro was doing leg work away from the main group. Looked like he joined the skills work after.
* Sonny was away from the main group, doing knee flexes etc.
* Banfield is bigger, and ripped.
* Blakley was walking laps.
* Looked like Alex Pearce went in early.
Great report. Thank you. Excited about Banfield and pleased to hear that Blakely is walking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back