2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

McCarthy has had a reasonable summer by most accounts.
He gets his chance after missing out on both JLT's.
Its his last year of a lucrative contract.
Basically, he's f&&kd if he doesn't have a red hot crack

Rehab and pretty basic drills today. Rock seemed to be doing a lot of cobbling today.

Meek impressed me with is ability to his low hard kicks that found the target - pretty good for a big guy.

Hogan was having shots from around 50 late in training and hitting them pretty well - looks fine to me. And he's a s**t stirrer.

Giro's kicking was similarly the kind of stuff you'd like to be leading up to.

Sonny looks to be moving well (touch wood).

I noticed Steve Rosich coming out onto the ground shaking hands with Joel Hamling - maybe a new deal has been agreed on?

Logue looks pretty good (and is carrying less hair) - I'd be surprised if he isn't ok for round 1. He is also a s**t stirrer.

Blakely seems to be moving pretty well and indicated to the support staff he was comfortable.

Stephen Hill running with his customary smoothness so hopefully he's not too far away.

Poor Switta looks like a man who has had enough of rehab. I really hope he gets a decent crack at it because he's shown something when he's been out there.

Cox commented that his injury couldn't have come at a worse time. Not sure what the prognosis is but he looks like a sore boy.

I won't say anything about Harley except please footy gods give us and him a break.

I have a good feeling about Barra - he's done a full pre-season and it wouldn't surprise me if he ripped it up this year.

It was nice to see Johnno down there in a Freo polo talking to the coaches. I don't know if he's doing some coaching.

That's about all I've got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's time to look at time spent on a senior list as opposed to actual games played when assessing father-son eligibility?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t understand why we haven’t seen more ok Meek. The past 12-24 months either or both of Sandi and Darcy have been injured and we’ve seen MJ and Tabs in the ruck and occasionally Jones. By all accounts from training and Peel watchers, he’s at least on par with Jones but with better skills.

I don’t understand why we haven’t seen more ok Meek. The past 12-24 months either or both of Sandi and Darcy have been injured and we’ve seen MJ and Tabs in the ruck and occasionally Jones. By all accounts from training and Peel watchers, he’s at least on par with Jones but with better skills.

He didn’t impact when playing for Peel on the weekend, couldn’t make it to the contests..

He needs to be bashing down the door not last man standing!

He didn’t impact when playing for Peel on the weekend, couldn’t make it to the contests..

He needs to be bashing down the door not last man standing!

Did any of our players make an impact in that game?

Bit harsh to can him on one game. A game that we got belted and from what I’ve heard, very few of our players made any great impact, but Ill be guided by you Walkingwounded as you were there.

His form last year was fine, and certainly better than Jones who’s been given games. And he was very good in the VFL the year before that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back