2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

JammoMonty

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Blakely is running well now, he can't be more than 4 weeks. Is Switta training/running well this morning? Really want him to get up for Rd 1.

1552616740966.png

Swita is 🔑

Honestly, if we can somehow win round 1, we'll be in a terrific position to b 3-0 and getting close to a fully available squad in round 4, with Blakely possibly the only one still missing (hoping SHilly back by then, Bennell and Sandi I have written off)

Very ambitious assumption to make that we wont cop another 5 injuries between now and then.

Valente out with the main group, just did a beautiful fake on AP which the players loved. Blakely running laps at a good rate.

Spoke to his Mum this morning, hes two weeks from playing apparently.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Valente was a player I expected to debut early given his experience in SA, so getting him over his groin issues and available would be a some terrific news. I think he will adapt quickly and contribute from day 1 in a similar vein to Brayshaw or Banfield. Think he will be a very good in-the-guts player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Non-playing week folks.

So much more will become apparent from next Monday when everyone is tying their guts out to prove they are available for round 1.

Things might appear a little bit better if Logue and Swita are available for selection.

Heart Of Purple

All Australian
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure if it's been discussed somewhere else but with the Valente talk figure ill add it here. In the captains votes he was voted by 1 as their pick to win the rising star ... one would have to assume that would be Fyfe (Only one that'd really have seen much of him/have any reason to vote him over Walsh/Rankine and the likes.)
Not trying to read overly much into it, but Fyfe seems like the kind of guy that'd put a bit of thought into these things which if true, would mean he'll be playing a fair few games this year and is highly rated within the club. Hearing he's training with the mids really doesn't surprise me, wouldn't be surprised if he debuts fairly early on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back