2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm curious how much his groin/hip issue, that he brought with him into the draft, factored into his slide.

He seemed a top 20 pick by many of the experts and ticks off everything in relation to character - school head boy and excelling in his yr12 exams. From memory there was an issue with his knee at draft camp preventing him from the combine running activities.

If he comes good he is a key plank in the midfield for our future.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good thing for us that Hip/groin issues have a dramatic effect on slowing down your pace. When his hips are released and his drive train is working effectively he could be chasing down The Hill boys

The guy had talent to burn. We could not make it happen though. Bet that champion clubs could have though. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By champion clubs you mean on of the other 15 that overlooked him in all round of the national and rookie drafts?

Fyfe clearly rates this guy highly... Mentioned twice n the media in the past couple of weeks.

He's exactly what Fyfe needs along side him too. Big bodied ball-getter, with decent disposal. Hopefully progresses rapidly. We need one or more of Valente, North or Bewley to transition to the best 22 as soon as possible. Three players with physically developed bodies who can get it, and then deliver it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested in Harley if anybody's been to training lately? Heard (admittably through a bit of chinese whispers so no idea on accuracy) that he trained a bit last week and did well, and think he's in the instagram post? Anybody got much insight.

Was it a closed session this morning?

Would be interesting to know how the match sim went and if there were any fresh injury concerns.

It was at Optus so it would have been closed.

I was surprised to see Valente training with the main group last week while the other first year players trained away from the main group and then to see him feature numerous times in the photos at Optus stadium. Is he going to get an earlier debut than most would have imagined?

I was surprised to see Valente training with the main group last week while the other first year players trained away from the main group and then to see him feature numerous times in the photos at Optus stadium. Is he going to get an earlier debut than most would have imagined?
You'd expect at least a couple of Peel games given his preseason .. but I'm also getting that feeling.

Valente was the captain of the U18 winning side ahead of Luk and Rankine amongst others. He likely slid to us due to inj but sitting on the sidelines all season because he's a first year while a number of others elsewhere get games wouldn't make sense to me. inj aside, he seemed to be one of the most ready to go players after guys like Walsh in the U18 with a body to match. I think we'll see him play fairly early and he's the type to hold his spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back