Remove this Banner Ad

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
I'm surprised at the lack of love for Michael Walters' looks, but then again, I'm not the best judge of male looks. Perhaps the tattoos put people off?

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well, the Freo website had it wrong and training this morning was at 9:30 not 10:30. I got there about 10:10 and saw about 45 mins of training. Luckily it was all the good stuff, ball movement and match sim type work.

What I saw seemed low key, but skills looked quite good and confident I thought. There were times when the ball movement was short and sideways, ball retention, and time when it was long and direct. I don't know whether this was by directive or dependent upon who had the ball and how the defence was set up. The main thing that stood out to me was a couple of beautiful long balls from Nathan Wilson that were pin point perfect. Good to see.

Hamling didn't train with the main group. He was doing some run throughs and having some long conversations with Ross and someone else (maybe a physio?). There is obviously a ? there.

Sonny wasn't on the track at all. Hopefully just being managed.

Last edited:

JBMAN

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well, the Freo website had it wrong and training this morning was at 9:30 not 10:30. I got there about 10:10 and saw about 45 mins of training. Luckily it was all the good stuff, ball movement and match sim type work.

What I saw seemed low key, but skills looked quite good and confident I thought. There were times when the ball movement was short and sideways, ball retention, and time when it was long and direct. I don't know whether this was by directive or dependent upon who had the ball and how the defence was set up. The main thing that stood out to me was a couple of beautiful long balls from Nathan Wilson that were pin point perfect. Good to see.

Hamling didn't train with the main group. He was doing some run throughs and having some long conversations with Ross and someone else (maybe a physio?). There is obviously a ? there.

Sonny wasn't on the track at all. Hopefully just being managed.

I got there about the same time as you, I thought Hamling struggled a bit with his run throughs and Rossy will give him all the time in the world to recover but he looked like someone who probably needs closer to a week rather than a couple of days. Agree the ball work was good. Not sure if you noticed Jesse Hogan pull up very sharply after a lead and appeared to have a problem with his foot. He left the ground for about 10 minutes and returned, looked fine. Maybe was a boot problem.

tacopavlich

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't really have an opinion on it but I imagine if there was a blokes thread about the women's team there would be all sorts of 'up in arms' about it. So the equality goes both ways I guess.

Physical objectification is not really the same kind of social issue for men as it is for women though. It's more to do with the on going crusade of censoring the internet that's currently happening.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Physical objectification is not really the same kind of social issue for men as it is for women though. It's more to do with the on going crusade of censoring the internet that's currently happening.
Whilst I agree that most men wouldn't give any ****s and some may even genuinely like it, that doesn't make the argument hold water. It only takes 1 man to take offense in the same way women do before it is inappropriate.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
The
The main thing that stood out to me was a couple of beautiful long balls from Nathan Wilson that were pin point perfect. Good to see.
How good was the last play of the day in the match-ish sim, where Ryan's precision long pass threaded the needle allowing a laterally running Dave Mundy to not miss a beat in taking the mark and then scythe through the traffic and put the ball into goal-side space up the other end?

tacopavlich

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whilst I agree that most men wouldn't give any ****s and some may even genuinely like it, that doesn't make the argument hold water. It only takes 1 man to take offense in the same way women do before it is inappropriate.

Men and women come from different levels of social power and privilege, pretending that the imbalance does not exist is not equality. A man taking offense of being sexualized isn't doing so from a history of existing physical objectification from society and the associated sexism that comes with it. /rant.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Men and women come from different levels of social power and privilege, pretending that the imbalance does not exist is not equality. A man taking offense of being sexualized isn't doing so from a history of existing physical objectification from society and the associated sexism that comes with it. /rant.
Let's not derail the training thread. PM if you want to continue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back