2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Banana is off the inside of the boot, checkside is off the outside
no, snap is inside of the boot
EG Brad Hill snapped the ball against Essendon from directly infront and missed

banana and checkside are the same thing, both outside of the boot
Micky B did a famous one against crows a few years ago

Torp or Barrell. That's another one. Never heard it being a barrel. Who even suggested barrel. Always a torpy, torpedo, torp.
When i was a youngen in WA we called them Tories, pronounced like the British political party

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In footy circles at least in amo’s we always referred to “Tory” most of of the time when someone accidentally kicked one - Oh nice Tory mate...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Definitely a “torp”.
Tory to young fellas.
My one wish is for a team to be up by fair margin and for someone to bring out a droppie to kick a goal.
I would lose my s**t and my old man would hav a grin from ear to ear.

Here’s a revolutionary thought....
Drop kicks to be used kicking out from full back.
No more issue of the mark too close to the kicker, less hang time in the air to be intercepted, more chance of moving the second kick in the link on quicker.
C’mon Ross, do it !

Here’s a revolutionary thought....
Drop kicks to be used kicking out from full back.
No more issue of the mark too close to the kicker, less hang time in the air to be intercepted, more chance of moving the second kick in the link on quicker.
C’mon Ross, do it !

It would achieve what the AFL are trying unsuccessfully to do, increase scoring.

Fremantle website says the following

Upcoming Training Times:
Please note due to the bye this week players are away from the club until Friday June 7.
The next training session will be Saturday June 8 at 10.30am on Victor George Kailis Oval.

....do others think Saturday morning would be the match sim for peel players? I'm sure I heard Ross say something about this in an interview. Keen to go down if it is.

you don't hear stab pass enough

fast drop punt over shortish distance that travels on a flattish trajectory, reaching intended teammate with force
I'm pretty sure it was a fast drop kick, not drop punt, at least that's what I was taught, & might I add, perfected. :moustache:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back