2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Training today:
Very lucky with the weather, was pouring when I arrived and basically stopped by the time training started. Absent: Hogan, Fyfe, Hamling, Jones and Kersten. Hogan came out late with his togs on, did some sort of stepping excersise in front of one of the physios and left. Fyfe walked out briefly and Hamling was doing some sort of excercise with a basketball on the other side of the fence. Didn't see Kersten at all. Sandi was out for quite some time and was running more freely but looks quite a ways off playing at this stage. Valente, Sturt and Ryan were working in the rehab group. Not sure why Ryan was there, he looked fine.
Training itself was very good and the enthusiasm was excellent. Harley just looks ready to go, everything he does is just better than anyone else. Likewise Stephen Hill and Darcy looked better than he has for a while. Logue did a lot of defensive work on some of the bigger players and did well. Kicked well and I think he will play this week. He is going to be a bit short on match fitness so will need a bit of help from the other defenders. Ballantyne was lively and will come under consideration. Meek trained very well and has more agility than Jones and as he is very young may develope into a good ruckman but at this stage is some way off that. Hugh Dixon is starting to get a lot fitter and muscling up a bit, think he will be a good player in the near future. Sonny and Brad Hill really entertain at training, apart from their obvious skills they interact with each other in a humerous way and really lift the mood. Thursdays training will be very informative as to the make up of the side. Not sure if Darcy is ready, but who comes in if he isn't. I'm sure Logue will play in defense even though he may not be quite ready, he should be good enough. Hackdorn was watching training from the far car park, not sure how he could see much from there. Wonder what rumour will he come up with tomorrow. Saturdays game is going to take a huge effort from the whole side if we are to win. As they say out of adversity comes opportunity, let's hope the guys coming in take this opportunity with both hands. Cheers

Training today:
Very lucky with the weather, was pouring when I arrived and basically stopped by the time training started. Absent: Hogan, Fyfe, Hamling, Jones and Kersten. Hogan came out late with his togs on, did some sort of stepping excersise in front of one of the physios and left. Fyfe walked out briefly and Hamling was doing some sort of excercise with a basketball on the other side of the fence. Didn't see Kersten at all. Sandi was out for quite some time and was running more freely but looks quite a ways off playing at this stage. Valente, Sturt and Ryan were working in the rehab group. Not sure why Ryan was there, he looked fine.
Training itself was very good and the enthusiasm was excellent. Harley just looks ready to go, everything he does is just better than anyone else. Likewise Stephen Hill and Darcy looked better than he has for a while. Logue did a lot of defensive work on some of the bigger players and did well. Kicked well and I think he will play this week. He is going to be a bit short on match fitness so will need a bit of help from the other defenders. Ballantyne was lively and will come under consideration. Meek trained very well and has more agility than Jones and as he is very young may develope into a good ruckman but at this stage is some way off that. Hugh Dixon is starting to get a lot fitter and muscling up a bit, think he will be a good player in the near future. Sonny and Brad Hill really entertain at training, apart from their obvious skills they interact with each other in a humerous way and really lift the mood. Thursdays training will be very informative as to the make up of the side. Not sure if Darcy is ready, but who comes in if he isn't. I'm sure Logue will play in defense even though he may not be quite ready, he should be good enough. Hackdorn was watching training from the far car park, not sure how he could see much from there. Wonder what rumour will he come up with tomorrow. Saturdays game is going to take a huge effort from the whole side if we are to win. As they say out of adversity comes opportunity, let's hope the guys coming in take this opportunity with both hands. Cheers

Ripper update, thanks for heading down on such a blustery day! So excited to see Bennell and Hill back in the side. Although a bit concerned about Hoges- hopefully he is fine to play.

Ripper update, thanks for heading down on such a blustery day! So excited to see Bennell and Hill back in the side. Although a bit concerned about Hoges- hopefully he is fine to play.

probably nothing, just seemed a little odd that he came out in full training togs, kicked a ball to Harley then did some little exercise thing in front of one of the physios and went straight inside.

Good write up once more JB thanks.
Brad Hill and Sonny seem to get on exceptionally well don’t they.
You must have been a bit cold on the day.

Brad and Stephen Hill + Sonny are thick as thieves they do alot of off field work together
Good info mate.
They sure seem to enjoy each other’s company don’t they.
I only really noticed the back and forth between Sonny and Brad lately and Steve hasn’t been playing because of his injury.
Good to see such companionship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

news on training? anyone? any indication of potential selections? Bennell being cheered by the group as it is announced he is playing? (Dreaming I know)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back