2019 Training Reports

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s annoying watching Sidebottom, Schuey, Ziebell etc all out their braining then while our equivalent sits sidelined. They are from the same draft.

It is so easy to forget how bloody good he is - can get it inside and kills teams on the outside. If he can start to enjoy playing with walters - sonny - wilson etc and if we look to feed him the ball as we have with wilson and ryan he will quickly open the game up through sheer skill or get the tag and open it up for others.

It’s annoying watching Sidebottom, Schuey, Ziebell etc all out their braining then while our equivalent sits sidelined. They are from the same draft.
Yet Hill has played more games than all but Sidebottom, so at some stage over their careers they've all spent extended periods on the sideline.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Yet Hill has played more games than all but Sidebottom, so at some stage over their careers they've all spent extended periods on the sideline.

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought that. I remember Ziebell had a few issues early on (partly form, partly injury issues), so was a bit slower to get going, while we were pumping games into Hill from the get go and he was, for the most part up to it.

That said, there's a fair percentages of games for Hill in the last couple of years that have been injury impacted. IMHO, Hill's game count should be lower than it is. This playing him half baked has cost him/us in the longer run.

Last edited:
I'd expect our players to tend more on the side of fit if we are a chance at finals.

The cold reality of it is that if we play finals it helps the bottom line, if we finish in the top six it REALLY helps the bottom line. It's basically a free extra home game that will pack out.

When it's in our interests to not play our star players because they have a nasty niggle, because it helps us underperform, that happens. The reverse is true too.

Ragtooth

All Australian
May 22, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Coming back from his injury in the preseason (in an interview on channel eagle last night) he said he's just glad to be able to even run again, little more than actually playing. I don't recall him running fluidly in any of the games i've seen him play this year. He racked up the most kms for Freo last weekend, so hopefully a combination of everything they're just double checking?

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
If any training watchers see any match sims which may give an indication of our forward line this week, it would be greatly appreciated if that info could be passed on.

Back