Official Club Stuff 2019 Trevor Barker Award - Seb Ross wins his 2nd B&F!

Who Wins?

• Rowan Marshall

Votes: 66 66.7%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Tim Membrey

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Josh Bruce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jade Gresham

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Hunter Clark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Steele

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Seb Ross

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Seb speaks like a future permanent captain and this board will be unbearable when it happens.

I have no issue with Seb winning the award - congrats to him, but honestly he did not speak at all well. Compare his composure and content to Gears.

If he does get the gig, which I do understand should be due to onfield leadership and not how articulately he speaks after all, I do hope he gets some kind of media training for it. It was incredibly awkward to listen to.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Seb speaks like a future permanent captain and this board will be unbearable when it happens.

Congrats to Seb, Rohan (what a great first year) & Jack.

You are right Seb speaks very well and I think he will grow into the captaincy role if it happens. When I first met him he was a very shy country kid so he has come a long way.

Indie Rock

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have no issue with his winning the award, but honestly he did not speak at all well. Compare his composure and content to Gears.

If he does get the gig, which I do understand should be due to onfield leadership and not how articulately he speaks after all, I do hope he gets some kind of media training for it. It was incredibly awkward to listen to.

I thought he seemed really cut up starting off talking about Spud, battled to hold it together and didn’t really recover from that. Prob took a lot to stay composed.

Agree with you that Gears spoke really well.

I thought he seemed really cut up starting off talking about Spud and didn’t really recover from that. Prob took a lot to stay composed.

Agree with you that Gears spoke really well.

Yes, you are probably right. A bit harsh from me.

Geary Is GOAT

Premiership Player
May 4, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Congrats to Seb, Rohan (what a great first year) & Jack.

You are right Seb speaks very well and I think he will grow into the captaincy role if it happens. When I first met him he was a very shy country kid so he has come a long way.
Night and day from when he first arrived totally agree. He seems hugely popular among the playing group too. Regardless of whether or not he ends up captain after gears he seems like a bit of a galvaniser. Personally hope we keep him around. He's not a number one mid but if he's playing two or three i think he can be really damaging.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have no issue with Seb winning the award - congrats to him, but honestly he did not speak at all well. Compare his composure and content to Gears.

He can't be as bad as Tex Walker

Back