Official Club Stuff 2019 Trevor Barker Award - Seb Ross wins his 2nd B&F!

Who Wins?

• Rowan Marshall

Votes: 66 66.7%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Tim Membrey

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Josh Bruce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jade Gresham

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Hunter Clark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Steele

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Seb Ross

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have never understood the criticism Ross gets on this Saints site . He has been an incredible player over the last few years . Yes his disposal sometimes lets him down , but not every player is super skilled . This game allows players with less skill but more fight to be just as important as the top skilled players . In some ways Ross echoes Danny Frawley’s career . Danny was never as skilled as SOS from Carlton but i would have picked Danny over SOS to defend for me everyday of the week . Ross , like Geary and so many other great Saints players , bleeds red white and black . He gives 100% every game , and every training session . He is a role model for younger players to look up to. He totally deserved to win his second medal . They dont give it to someone just because they are in the leadership group , remember Jack Steven won 4 times without being in that group . I picked Jack Billings to win with Marshall second . I had Ross third . But im not disappointed at all . Those players had great seasons but so did Ross . Good on you Seb , lets hope you have another big year next year .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

One other thing about Seb . Some posters complaining about his speaking . I remember Harvey winning two brownlows but still struggling to put two words together during interviews . Not every player is great at being in front of a camera but i bet its different when he is talking to his teammates , it sure was with Harvey.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ross is really making a name for himself now , that is his 2nd best and fairest just goes to show how valued he is.

Marshall had a wonderful year and no doubt if he never missed those to games he could of won it , just amazing how a player can go from borderline best 22 one year , then the next year he is about our best player.

Ross is really making a name for himself now , that is his 2nd best and fairest just goes to show how valued he is.
Needs a small edit

"Ross is really making a name for himself now , that is his 2nd best and fairest just goes to show how non-existent our top-end talent is"

People also need to remember that this award is largely voted by coaches. Genuinely surprised DMac wasn't 10 votes clear before Richo got the bullet ...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Seb Ross (170 votes)
2. Rowan Marshall (152 votes)
3. Jack Steele (151 votes)
4. Jack Billings (140 votes)
5. Tim Membrey (136 votes)
6. Jade Gresham (131 votes)
7. Callum Wilkie (115 votes)
8. Luke Dunstan (111 votes)
9. Josh Bruce (108 votes)
10. Shane Savage (101 votes)

23 and under = 4 (2 of the top 3)
23-26 =4
27 and over = 2 (9th and 10th)

That isn’t a bad demographic and especially where our list is at age profile wise. Our best players are young and developing still.

Top 8 all 25 or under.

1. Seb Ross (170 votes)

23-26 =4

That isn’t a bad demographic and especially where our list is at age profile wise. Our best players are young and developing still.

Top 8 all 25 or under.
curious to know the rest of the standings specifically battle Clarke newnes Acres hind

Congrats Seb on a well deserved win. He is very under appreciated around these parts despite being consistently one of our best players every week. He rarely plays a bad game and doesn't get the kudos when he plays a stand out game.

He was left with a lot of responsibility this year with almost all our other experienced players missing for large parts of the season, yet took it in his stride and did a great job as stand in Captain.

Surprised that he actually won it as I thought it would have been Marshall followed by Steele then a raffle between Billings/Gresh/Ross for 3rd place.

The only thing that really annoys me about Ross is some of his efforts this year to chase a player and literally walk after then not giving a yelp. There were 4 or 5 examples that I was left shaking my head saying no captain of a football club would do that.

1. Seb Ross (170 votes)

23-26 =4

Top 8 all 25 or under.
Excellent point mate. This result clearly demonstrates that we have handed responsibility of the teams performance over to a younger core. Regardless of whether this was intentional and / or premature, that is going to be good for us in the medium to long term.

Also next time someone craps on about Carlton's future prospects, consider their 2018 B+F results:
1st - Patrick Cripps (166 votes)
2nd - Kade Simpson (108 votes) - age 35
3rd - Ed Curnow (98 votes) - age 30
3rd - Charlie Curnow (98 votes)
5th - Dale Thomas (71 votes) - retired
6th - Liam Jones (48 votes) - age 29
7th - Zac Fisher (47 votes)
8th - Sam Rowe (43 votes) - retired
9th - Matthew Wright (39 votes) - retired
10th - Marc Murphy (39 votes) - age 32

In short, their team is absolutely still being carried by a very mature core that wont be there in a year or two, and outside of Cripps and Curnow there is not much else.

Our result tonight demonstrates a much much healthier outlook for the future ...

Last edited:
A bit? Absolutely ridiculous honestly. My mates are taking the Mickey out of me that a complete butcher has beat my boy Marshall after me talking up Marshall all year.
Such a St.Kilda thing this.. Seb couldn't even carry Romas gym bag.

I was at the night.....there was an air of disbelief when Marshall was announced as 2nd place getter......a large murmur went thru the room....I have to say I was surprised and jaws were hitting the table on both sides of me.

Different angle.
Marshall was the crowd favourite...clearly and probably should have won it...Seb was pretty good.

I wish to thank BF as one of the sponsors I got to go to the BF.

My thoughts;

Bassett said nothing new
Ratten said nothing new
Geary said nothing new.

The main take away is that we all need to work harder and better as a team and tweek the games style....blah blah blah. Come back fit for pre season...etc...BTW every other club will be saying that same thing.

Interesting stat from Rats that we had from memory 2 more shots on goal than WCE....so the ball is getting there it is the conversion and also where we take our shots.

Basset seems to have a steely resolve. Trade period is the only time that we really see the intentions of a club played out in the public. Trading favourite sons etc.

Hope to see some action at the trade table as that tells me that Basset Ratten and Geary are not just saying stuff but are actually actioning it as well.

Also every body mentioned Richo and every time the room cheered. Like that.

Oh also deepest condolences to Danny Frawley' s family. It is a sad week for all in the Saint family.

Back