Official Club Stuff 2019 Trevor Barker Award - Seb Ross wins his 2nd B&F!

Who Wins?

• Rowan Marshall

Votes: 66 66.7%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Tim Membrey

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Josh Bruce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jade Gresham

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Hunter Clark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Steele

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Seb Ross

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lololol
We have our B&F and a player wins who some on here didn't think would win.
He's no hack mind you. A previous winner.
And we get melts???
View attachment 744875

Boy O boy it's gonna be a long off season.
I know man!
Some people just need to relax! Poor bloke has the nerve to win a B & F and
He cops nothing but grief! :eyes:

I'm just bored and clearly unfulfilled and figured Gringo needed some
Undeserved comeuppance! :flushed:

Apologies my good man Gringo, and apologies for all who had to read
My Seb induced tanty! Most of all Seb himself! He should be feeling proud
Of his achievements rather than copping more criticism from Malaka's like me
Albeit a Mighty good looking one!

Oh Gringo Gringo....Don't tell me they have got you spouting that confirmation bias crap now!
I understand your defending your man and good on you for doing so
But people think i'm overly harsh on Ross and feed me that confirmation bias crap too
I am harsh because my eyes tell me he is not a very good footballer in what i value as passing that test!

Don't like players that pick up cheap possies without benefitting the team especially if they are an outside player!
Don't like players that don't chase!
Don't like players that go missing regularly when the game goes up a level!
Don't like players that get physically intimidated!
Especially don't like any of those attributes in a captain!

If that's Confirmation bias then bias me up baby!
I do not particularly care if others agree or not
But i will always hold the right to criticise whomever i want without
All the fan boys losing their sh!t, like it somehow makes me disloyal doing so!

Rant over!
By "confirmation bias", Gringo is suggesting that the evidence you see when observing Seb playing all goes to supporting your pre-existing opinion of him rather than forcing yourself to be objective, to look at the evidence and draw your conclusions from that (without having a pre-existing concept). It's very hard to do actually. I work in science and I find it hard, let alone applying it to something I am so emotionally invested in. This is why scouts and recruiters are often special types - the best can ignore the hype and their own expectation and just look at the evidence. I personally don't want to divorce myself from the emotional component of being a fan, so I just admit that I have a bias and continue from there.

By "confirmation bias", Gringo is suggesting that the evidence you see when observing Seb playing all goes to supporting your pre-existing opinion of him rather than forcing yourself to be objective, to look at the evidence and draw your conclusions from that (without having a pre-existing concept). It's very hard to do actually. I work in science and I find it hard, let alone applying it to something I am so emotionally invested in. This is why scouts and recruiters are often special types - the best can ignore the hype and their own expectation and just look at the evidence. I personally don't want to divorce myself from the emotional component of being a fan, so I just admit that I have a bias and continue from there.
Agree wholeheartedly oh wise one!
There can be no denying the ever present nature of bias! It's in everything we do!

It's just the sheer brazen tone of " Confirmation " that i took umbrage with! :think: 😟

He’s missed his chance. Hunter and Max King will share the next ten.

That thought flashed thru my mind kosi when it was announced that he came 2nd.

But I'll back him for next years gong....with Hunter breathing down his neck.

We haven't seen Max yet playing consistent senior's football,so I'll keep my powder dry there.

I was very fortunate to be able to attend the B & F.

Like everyone,I was wondering how the night would play out given the incredibly tragic event of last Monday.

IMO.....the club could not have done the night any better.

Walking into the Ballroom we went WOW....as a previous poster said it looked amazing.

The tributes for Danny could not have been done any better.

As many of you would have watched the live cast....I won't go into too much detail.

Stewie and Harv's speeches were "lump in throat stuff".....from the heart and were heart felt.

Michael Roberts interview with Burkey was great.......Burkey is such a great speaker and told some great stories about Danny..

I learnt a fair bit about Danny on the night that I hadn't known before.

Alicia Loxley was as usual a great MC(very easy on the eyes too) and with co MC Dal......it was very informative and entertaining.

The Chello player kicking off the count proceedings was awesome.

The segment with 5 of our younger "prospects going forward" was great....gee...Wilkie is a great speaker....he stood out from the "pack"

Parker being "intercepted" was just very very funny....he looked like he was going to keel over.

Young Roma was pretty well scooping up every award as the night progessed....as I mentioned in a previous post,he was a HUGE crowd favourite.

Because of this,there was a HUGE expectation that he'd win the big one....not to be this year tho.

Again...congrats to Seb on his 2nd B&F.

As a previous poster pointed out,the very promising sign was who the next 7 placegetters after Seb were.

A good turn up for the night....there were place settings for 750 people.

Again...Kudos to the club for the night.......it was a great tribute to Danny's life.

Noticed Steele was on crutches. Obviously went in for a clean up post season.
Any other post season surgeries noticed? Crutches, Slings, Plaster? All those sorts of things.
Hoping for minimal to give a heap of them a real good run at pre-season.

Hind was in a sling. Only one I noticed.
Robbie Young also had his right arm in a sling.......it looked like ward 8 there on Wed night.

With Robbie.....no doubt it was the dreaded BF sponsorship curse kicking right in again !!!!!

Hind was in a sling. Only one I noticed.
Found some red carpet shots and video of night.
By my observations
- Bruce = finger
- Coffield, Hind, Young = shoulders
- Steele = knee. Article says knee stabilisation surgery, he will be back up and going in 2 months
- Joyce = wrist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Robbie.....no doubt it was the dreaded BF sponsorship curse kicking right in again !!!!!
I think we need to start sponsoring opposition players. Maybe a different player every week from the team we are playing that week. I think Dangerfield, Cripps, Martin and Fyfe are all worthy of our BF sponsorship ;)

I think we need to start sponsoring opposition players. Maybe a different player every week from the team we are playing that week. I think Dangerfield, Cripps, Martin and Fyfe are all worthy of our BF sponsorship ;)

You’re a such a sneaky, conniving......I love it! 👏🏼🤣

Last edited:
Back