Featherweight: Nunes

not alot of changes think this might be the year of stability

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Most are prediciting little change

But we should have significant fights at 145, 155, 205, 265 that could well make for movement.

Well there could be movement in every division of course

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So many questions to be answered...

Does Cejudo beat TJ, then also beat him at Bantamweight?

Does Holloway move up, or stay at FW where I doubt he'll lose? Moicano and Volkanovski are possibles.

Do we see Ferguson and Poirier finally get there shots (not that it really matters as probably no one is beating Khabib). Max vs Khabib?

Some great fights coming at WW. Hopefully the ufc doesn't bite back and dump Covington. Askren is a cool addition.

Whittaker, Gastelum, Adesanya?

Can't go past Jones.

Does DC retire before the year is done? Probably.
Cain could become champ once again.

Andrade to take out Rose 😥

Shevchenko no probs.

Nunes

Nunes

Last edited:
Bantamweight: Cejudo

Featherweight: Magomedsharipov (I almost wanna chose Moicano because of Zabit is so untested)

Lightweight: Holloway

Welterweight: Woodley

Middleweight: Adesanya (such an interesting division; If Rob can get through Gastelum, big if, I think Adesanya is too big of a problem on the feet)

Light heavyweight: Jon Jones

Heavyweight: Jon Jones

Strawweight: Tatiana Suarez

Bantamweight: Nunes

I feel like the UFC is going to go with 165 AND 175 this year.. so Woodley at 175 and Khabib at 165 if that's the case.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bantamweight: Tj

Featherweight: Edgar (Think Max goes up and loses to the eagle Frankie gets a shot against someone and wins, would love for Alex v Frankie cause I give Alex a real good shot in that fight)

Lightweight: Khabib

Welterweight: Covington (think he gets his shot following Woodley v Usman and beats either of them)

Middleweight: Gastelum (hope I’m wrong but see him beating Rob and not fighting again this year)

Light heavyweight: Jon Jones (if he moves up I’ve got no idea who winds up champ)

Heavyweight: DC (he probably fights Brock then retires so could be vacant or could be anyone probably Cain v Stipe for the vacated title)

Strawweight: Namajunas

Flyweight: Schevchenko

Bantamweight: Holm (it’s probably Nunes but I can see the UFC asking her to choose, her vacating 35 and Holm picking it up)

Featherweight: Nunes

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bantamweight: Cejudo

Featherweight: Magomedsharipov (I almost wanna chose Moicano because of Zabit is so untested)

Lightweight: Holloway

Middleweight: Adesanya (such an interesting division; If Rob can get through Gastelum, big if, I think Adesanya is too big of a problem on the feet)

Light heavyweight: Jon Jones

Heavyweight: Jon Jones

Strawweight: Tatiana Suarez

Bantamweight: Nunes

I feel like the UFC is going to go with 165 AND 175 this year.. so Woodley at 175 and Khabib at 165 if that's the case.
I’m not sure Zabit even gets a title fight let alone wins the belt this year

Moicano has to get the shot if he beats Aldo

Welterweight: One from left field Ben Askren

Woodley would need to lose it first for that to happen as Askrin and Woodley will not fight each other

Yep I’m predicting Usman or Covington beats Woodley and eventually one of them fights Askren towards end of year.
Big call. I reckon Woodley beats Usman easily.

Woodley is a bit of a knob but he wants he is a god damn great and smart fighter.

Makes sure he doesn't take damage when he doesn't have too, which is what pisses Dana off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Big call. I reckon Woodley beats Usman easily.

Woodley is a bit of a knob but he wants he is a god damn great and smart fighter.

Makes sure he doesn't take damage when he doesn't have too, which is what pisses Dana off
I think he dominates Usman and Colby

They have to get a takedown in the first two rounds and then somehow tire him, but Maia had something like 20 odd goes and couldn’t take him down once, good ******* luck.

I think he dominates Usman and Colby

They have to get a takedown in the first two rounds and then somehow tire him, but Maia had something like 20 odd goes and couldn’t take him down once, good ******* luck.
He prepares well to counter what is opposition as for him, thats ******* for sure

I’m not sure Zabit even gets a title fight let alone wins the belt this year

Moicano has to get the shot if he beats Aldo
My tip relies on Max going up and Zabit fighting 3 times. Moicano is probably the smart bet if Max does go up, but I can see Zabit getting a big push and the division becoming wide open towards the end of the year.

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
Bantamweight: Dillashaw

Featherweight: Holloway

Lightweight: Khabib

Super Lightweight(165): Khabib

Middleweight: Adesanya

Light heavyweight: Jones

Heavyweight: Miocic

Womens Strawweight: Andrade

Womens Flyweight: Shevchenko

Womens Bantamweight: Nunes

Womens Featherweight: Nunes

Last edited:

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Woodley apparently wants to fight Usman, Covington & if he wins go up to Middleweight and fight for the title at the end of the year.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Bantamweight - Dillashaw. He's looked amazing for a few years now. Can't see any of this current crop beating him.

Featherweight - Moicano. I expect Max to move up to 155 by the end of the year. I'd love to see Volkanovski with the belt, but think Moicano would win if they fought.

Lightweight - Khabib. Can't see a 155er who can go with him.

Welterweight - Usman. I think he troubles Woodley with his pace and wears him out late on. Him and Covington to fight later in the year in a fight he shouldn't have any trouble with.

Middleweight - Adesanya. I think Rob beats Kelvin convincingly, but loses to Israel later in the year.

Light Heavyweight - Jones. Who else?

Heavyweight - Miocic. Cormier will likely wait for Brock then retire. Miocic is easily the next best unless old man Cain comes back strong.

Strawweight - Andrade. I hate writing off Rose as she's become an incredible fighter over the last few years, but I think Andrade gets the job done at home and holds the belt until 2020.

Flyweight - Shevchenko. She arguably beat the woman who just battered Cyborg twice. I can't see a woman at 125 white troubles her.

Bantamweight - de Randamie. One from left field, but I think she matches up well with the champ and would stand a decent chance against her.

Might have a go later, but its exciting how many 'what-if' scenarios will play out. Really is tough to predict what will happen by the end of the year.

Just hope we don't see any more superfights after this week. Too many title fights have been stuffed due injury, the last few years and too many divisions have been put on hold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back