2019 United Kingdom Election CONSERVATIVE WIN

Who would you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The silver lining here is Corbyn simply has to step down. He's unelectable. There has to be a credible opposition in parliament, and I can't see any Labour Party led by Corbyn being that.

All eyes on Scotland now. I imagine there will be a strong push for a second independence vote and for Scotland to remain in (or rejoin) the EU, depending on Brexit timeframes.

The left was cooked when they traded an economic agenda for a social one. You might be unemployed and starving but at least you can piss in whatever bathroom you want.
People are implicitly opposed to mass immigration. The liberal-left have made this a cornerstone of their belief system: outsiders deserve more concern than natives, if you disagree you are racist.

One of the more notable victories of a left wing party in recent years was in Denmark, where the left wing party campaigned against mass immigration.

They campaigned on anti-freedom of movement and won their largest share of vote in a generation.
Freedom of movement isn't the same thing as globalism. Look I know from an Aussie point of view its really fun to bring out the immigration card but you are completely missing the fact that Corbyn is a terrible Labour leader whose policies were basically nationalise everything. In fact Dominic Raab was just on Sky News talking about how brexit will position Britain globally and it can do more global trade deals.

Not a shock. The British people would never vote for such a radically left manifesto. All the momentum mob must hang their heads in shame. They are just wrong wrong wrong.
I'm wondering if the usual avenues for people to dip their toe in and test the waters have been heavily influenced by more left leaning politics, so the surprise of Trump, Morrison and now Johnson has blind sided them because there is an order of magnitude more voices for one side in that little pond they are testing.

He was warned not to get to attached to this election. Rather then question why he just disliked everything said outside his bubble. The left need to wake up. They have some great ideas but some terrible outdated ideas and poor messaging is letting them down.

SNP Should start running in seats in England for shits and giggles.

Freedom of movement isn't the same thing as globalism. Look I know from an Aussie point of view its really fun to bring out the immigration card but you are completely missing the fact that Corbyn is a terrible Labour leader whose policies were basically nationalise everything. In fact Dominic Raab was just on Sky News talking about how brexit will position Britain globally and it can do more global trade deals.

The Brexit issue only took off in the eyes of the public after the 2015 migrant crisis. Before then support was considered too low to win the referendum. While the Tories might sell the trade deal angle, the implicit reason for supporting Brexit was to stop the mass immigration from MENA.

I predict another multiyear tanty over an election result

The scream will be higher than Rob Halford in his prime
Will it top Australia 2010 though ?

SNP Should start running in seats in England for shits and giggles.

The Brexit issue only took off in the eyes of the public after the 2015 migrant crisis. Before then support was considered too low to win the referendum. While the Tories might sell the trade deal angle, the implicit reason for supporting Brexit was to stop the mass immigration from MENA.
I think you have the selling parts the wrong way round, tories sell the stop immigration to get the trade/low regs through. Be interesting to see what type of Brexit gets delivered now, massive mandate to do whatever they please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you have the selling parts the wrong way round, tories sell the stop immigration to get the trade/low regs through. Be interesting to see what type of Brexit gets delivered now, massive mandate to do whatever they please.
The Tories sell it because it’s what the people want. It’s something left wing parties understood for generations until very recently.

The silver lining here is Corbyn simply has to step down. He's unelectable. There has to be a credible opposition in parliament, and I can't see any Labour Party led by Corbyn being that.

All eyes on Scotland now. I imagine there will be a strong push for a second independence vote and for Scotland to remain in (or rejoin) the EU, depending on Brexit timeframes.
If Boris has a massive majority not sure he will be under pressure by Scotland any time soon. Also I am not sure at all the EU will accept them anyway because of the Catalans and others

If Boris has a massive majority not sure he will be under pressure by Scotland any time soon. Also I am not sure at all the EU will accept them anyway because of the Catalans and others

EU doesn't need another Greece.

Back