VFL 2019 VFL R1 vs Coburg (Sat 6th Apr, 2pm @ Piranha Park Coburg)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from watching first half, 1st qtr very scratchy, lots of mistakes, Murphy had his ankle strapped and on crutches, his father was there and told by the doctor, ligament, not broken but he wouldn't be able to drive home.

Reid after a slow start, marked everything in second qtr but oh those misses. Beautiful goal by C Brown, straight thru from 50.

IQ good in close but leaves his player too often. Really liked Broomhead, smart player and given he has been out for so long had some nice touches but a while off getting back. Played centre and forward. Goldsack is the same dependable Goldsack.

The best and surprising thing for me was that Clokey is our runner, encouraging to the players and had to laugh when he went out had a paper in his hand, I imagine for messages.:D Go Trav and welcome back.

Oh and the runners don't have the same rules as the AFL same as previous years go on any time.

Madgen nice defence, clears to Crocker, to Brown on the wing (getting more outside footy today), nice Mark by Lynch, goes into the centre, turnover, lions can’t inflict maximum damage.

Madgen nice defence, clears to Crocker, to Brown on the wing (getting more outside footy today), nice Mark by Lynch, goes into the centre, turnover, lions can’t inflict maximum damage.
You are doing great, I couldn't give a running play like you do. Thank you as couldn't stay the whole game.

Next time I go, will seek you out.

Broomhead busier the second half of that quarter. Despite minimal wind there’s a clear scoring end. An 18 point three quarter time deficit is tricky, but not impossible.

11.7 73 plays 8.7 55

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Madgen's up 18 disposals. I reckon he's better than i've been giving him credit for. A kind of forgotten man this year. How has he been going barrackers? Maggie5?
Been pretty handy, saved a few goals that quarter. Similar form to what seen him earn a debut last year.

Madgen's up 18 disposals. I reckon he's better than i've been giving him credit for. A kind of forgotten man this year. How has he been going barrackers? Maggie5?
I thought he was outbodied in the first qtr but improved in the second. Can only speak of the first half.

I recommend the new VFL App for anyone that likes following the VFL team. Very good information and easy to navigate. Teams, Stats and Score updates. Simple in a good way. Get on it!

Big Upgrade too.

Even get Live Scores

You are doing great, I couldn't give a running play like you do. Thank you as couldn't stay the whole game.

Next time I go, will seek you out.
Generally I’m in one of the stands, often, but not always the Ryder stand at VicPark.

Pies making hard work of it inside forward 50, tackle ultimately rewarded, 45m out on the boundary goal. Couldn’t make the player out.

EDIT: Hetherington

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back