VFL 2019 VFL R10 vs Casey (Sun 9 Jun 2.10pm @ Casey Fields) - VFLW double header - TV game!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch's strong tackle not rewarded, instead he's pinged for a high tackle (it was slight), which sees Casey go forward and kick the first of the last quarter.

Umps should reward the tackler in those situations and they normally do.

71-32

IQ limited involvement but at least most of his touches have gone to first option / releasing a teammate rather than the blind kick forward

Watching these games on tv really highlights what little depth we have.It is concerning to be honest.We really wouldn’t want to get any more injuries because there’s no-one pushing up for selection from the reserves right now.On a more positive note,Scharenberg looks really good.I can see him slotting into the seniors very nicely in a few weeks time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching these games on tv really highlights what little depth we have.It is concerning to be honest.We really wouldn’t want to get any more injuries because there’s no-one pushing up for selection from the reserves right now.On a more positive note,Scharenberg looks really good.I can see him slotting into the seniors very nicely in a few weeks time.
Our club treats the VFL like a training session. I wouldn’t worry too much about form.

The depth for the AFL seniors can only come from the AFL listed players.

If they (AFL listed players) are injured, then the VFL listed players can’t step in to AFL senior football, regardless.

Last edited:
Siren - that was painful

Casey 14.11 95
Collingwood 6.3 39
Insipid performance really. Whilst clearly undermanned, there was a lack of effort.
Hope like hell the AFL boys have their heads in the right place.
Melbourne will have their tails up.

Agree with others re Shaz being very good.
He was confident and assured in all his work, at this rate of improvement he could slot in for Langdon comfortably if needed.
And when both are fit - who knows.
Nice problem to have.

Just took a beautiful mark.
His judgment is a class above.

Very very very solid today.
Class above.
So, would you say he’s a class above, or is that going too far?

Fortunately we will have Adams, Elliott and Langdon back after the bye.

So, would you say he’s a class above, or is that going too far?
He’s more than a class above.

One thing is certain, when fit, he’s no VFL player.
He lives on a different plane, aka AFL level.

Only saw the first half but it looks like things didn't improve.

Reid battled away from limited opportunity, Daicos found his usual 20 odd and Scharenberg took another step towards an AFL recall.

Besides that not much else worth reporting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back