VFL 2019 VFL R15 vs Williamstown (Sat 13 Jul 2pm @ VICTORIA PARK) - LIVE STREAM & RADIO !!! - VFLW (11.30am) double header

How many forwards do West Coast have that are over 190cms though?

edit: Apart from Kennedy, they have Darling and Allen at 191cms.

They are not a tall forward team. Darling and Allen are good overhead I grant you, but they are also pretty mobile.

Crisp is 190cm and if needed there is Mayne 188cm and even Myochek at 192cm.
They’ll have Kennedy, Darling, Allen and both Natanui and Hickey rotating through there. If their delivery is half competent we risk being seriously exposed in the air.

Sorry, but the balance of our defence this week is terrible. We’re going in against a very tall forward line with only two players above 190cm. I can accept if they don’t want Scharenberg to travel and play on a hard ground at this stage of his recovery, but I cant accept at all that he was omitted for balance reasons when we had all of Moore, Roughead, Howe and Langdon playing together successfully earlier in the year.
We have been noticably stagnant all yeat out of defence. I think a big part of it has been a significant change in the balance of our defence, compared to last year. I may be wrong, but i hope that we've intentionally shifted to a line up more suited to run and carry.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is an odd question. He's been out since the Port game.

Food for thought below Pragmatic Shill. The game was round 15 - 2016.

"WESTERN Bulldogs defender Jason Johannisen has capped off a remarkable comeback, booting a goal in the dying seconds to give his side a thrilling four-point win over the Sydney Swans at the SCG on Saturday.

Johannisen, playing his first game since round four after suffering a severe hamstring injury, kicked a set shot from 45 metres out straight in front to give the visitors a memorable victory 13.5 (83) to 11.13 (79)."

Top heavy? Really?

Strange observation especially coming up against a tall forward line like WCE.
I know it's not consensus. I just think we've had too many aerialists in defence all year. It's made us a rock in the air and they've been fabulous defensively, but we've also rebounded like a rock. If they want to try to exploit our lack of height by targeting Allen and Hickey rather than Kennedy and Darling, that's great. Less ball towards Kennedy and Darling is a good thing.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know it's not consensus. I just think we've had too many aerialists in defence all year. It's made us a rock in the air and they've been fabulous defensively, but we've also rebounded like a rock. If they want to try to exploit our lack of height by targeting Allen and Hickey rather than Kennedy and Darling, that's great. Less ball towards Kennedy and Darling is a good thing.

Our defense hasn't been the problem IMO...……it is our midfield and missing "arguably" our quickest and most dynamic forward.

Scharenberg getting dropped is a real head scratcher for me.

Our defense hasn't been the problem IMO...……it is our midfield and missing "arguably" our quickest and most dynamic forward.

I'm actually talking about the whole year, not just post the bye. We've been fabulous defensively, but there's been no rebound. Our defensive mix hasn't given us any run from behind the ball.

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Really looking forward to watching the game today. Excited to see how the young players are developing. The list doesn't look as crapy as what was being suggested a month ago.

I'm assuming Schaz will be the replacement for Moore. Will watch him with interest. Also keen to see Wilson, Keene, Tohill, Lynch, Appleby and Atu's development.

atomiser

Debutant
Mar 28, 2019
Out West
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really looking forward to watching the game today. Excited to see how the young players are developing. The list doesn't look as crapy as what was being suggested a month ago.

I'm assuming Schaz will be the replacement for Moore. Will watch him with interest. Also keen to see Wilson, Keene, Tohill, Lynch, Appleby and Atu's development.
Lynch is injured

atomiser

Debutant
Mar 28, 2019
Out West
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think shaz was dropped because of WC small forwards and in the end it was a good move as only Cameron got off the leash for a quater, Shaz will be back next week

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really looking forward to watching Wilson , Keene and of course my boy atu ( who's expecting his first child)

Cap of a great weekend
Just spoke to mcclarty , he's out
Suns shining and winds low
Great conditions

20190713_135112.jpg

At VFL now

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Number 74 is a Kreas.

Back