VFL 2019 VFL R16 vs Frankston (Sun 21 Jul 2pm @ Skybus Stadium Frankston) - Noble named

Remove this Banner Ad

Another poster pointed out that Bux in his presser said that Murphy was returning from injury and would be playing VFL this weekend, so the poster speculated that perhaps the club had made a mistake and accidentally named Noble in the team, when they meant Murphy.

Another poster pointed out that Bux in his presser said that Murphy was returning from injury and would be playing VFL this weekend, so the poster speculated that perhaps the club had made a mistake and accidentally named Noble in the team, when they meant Murphy.
Would love to see Murphy get 4 or 5 weeks solid VFL footy into him, could be very handy come the end of the season. Hope Lagdon is not too far either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noble’s situation is a bit of a melon scratcher. I don’t buy the theory of giving him extra time to get up for the match because he’s such a peripheral player that you just wouldn’t play him if he wasn’t right. IMO, it’s a mix of load, comms and team balance.

A player’s load can be managed better in the VFL than in the AFL. In the VFL they’ve got the option of giving him (eg) 50% gametime, or (Eg) pulling him off at half time if he’s done. Maybe that can be justified in the AFL for players like DeGoey or Grundy - but Noble isn’t quite at that standard yet.

If Noble doesn't play AFL I do not expect him to play VFL.
Thomas is badly out of form and was apparently cod-ordinary in the VFL last week as well, a week of to freshen up might not be a bad idea.

A player’s load can be managed better in the VFL than in the AFL. In the VFL they’ve got the option of giving him (eg) 50% gametime, or (Eg) pulling him off at half time if he’s done. Maybe that can be justified in the AFL for players like DeGoey or Grundy - but Noble isn’t quite at that standard yet.
Umm....phrasing

A player’s load can be managed better in the VFL than in the AFL.... pulling him off at half time if he’s done.

I know I'm going straight to hell but I had a giggle fit over this one and then had to explain to my flatmates why.

Not much AFL talent left on the park to face Frankston. The only one I'm interested in seeing is the great one Wilson.

Just hope Frankston does not try to Start Many Fights

Just hope Frankston does not try to Start Many Fights
I've heard we'll be employing the 58 GF tactic of whacking every player on the ground as the siren blows to start the game, then revert to playing football without retaliating

Interesting strategy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back