VFL 2019 VFL R16 vs Frankston (Sun 21 Jul 2pm @ Skybus Stadium Frankston) - Noble named

Remove this Banner Ad

Frankston in front!!....our list is less than ordinary at the moment. No pressure coming from the VFL onto blokes in the AFL. Right now this is an issue, hence why we are seeing at the top level just cruising at the moment, with no pressure for their spot.

We got next to Stuff All in VFL Side

Yeah, the cupboard looks pretty bare. No-one banging the door down in the twos. Very despondent about our prospects.

Re Schaz, he just has that lethargic look about him. But he’s always had it, just the way he goes about his footy. Still classy though, he will surely be called up for the Tigers game.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has he found a yard or 2?
Did he attempt to move the ball forward with urgency? Was he attacking with his kicking?

Did you watch Appelbys game yesterday?

bucksisbest

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2002
Club Silencio
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who would you prefer as the 3rd tall option with Moore (and Langdon) out: Madgen? Appleby?
Depends on who we are playing. Do Richmond have a third big?

I'm not against Scharenberg playing next week, but I have concerns about him being an effective AFL player long term.

I'd like to build him up a bit and see if he can play forward or as a bigger back.

I don't like what he presents athletically as a mid sized half back and I feel his disposal is mostly safe, unimaginative and stifles our ball movement.

FWIW I like him more than Magden and Appleby but we are going bottom of the barrell there.

More interested in seeing what Noble offers to us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other coaches were there too, CFC, including Harvey and Sanderson. Probably indicative of the level of concern.

Sanderson rocked up midway through the first and was more interested in playing kick to kick with the kids lol. It would be hard to garner a lot going from playing the bottom VFL side to an in form Richmond. Nobody did a lot to make you think they are a must in.

Remind me why we delisted Mitch McCarthy after only 1 year again?

No Idea. Was the same Mistake we made let McLarty go. We lack KPP Depth but we De-List them very quicky

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Remind me why we delisted Mitch McCarthy after only 1 year again?

It was a curious call especially with his form at the end of that season. He had athleticism, he was improving, and he played a role in a position and age bracket we needed. It's a head scratcher when you think of the time we gave Gault.

It was mystifying how he wasn't picked for the GWS game.
In short, you are correct.

Longer version, maybe we were trying to manage him a la Elliott with the Friday night fixture against the Tigers coming up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back