VFL 2019 VFL R19 vs Casey (Sun 11 Aug 12pm @ VICTORIA PARK) - Casey Radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately we are conditioned that in the AFL when something bad happens that somebody gets fingered for the blame and they get summarily fired.

The only step that is missing is a public announcement of when the firing will take place so us fans can line up along Olympic Boulevard with piles of bad fruit and rotten eggs to pelt at the poor sod they do the walk of shame, shielding their box of personal items from the onslaught ...

... a nice plant in a pot given to them by a loved one to decorate their desk, a framed photo of better times, a thoughtful gift from last year’s Kris Kringle.

AFL is a hard gig, who’d do it?
Not sure what that has to do with BJ being a prick, but ok.

Given what he was coming back from (a year out of the game, much of that with a leg pretty much atrophied), was it reasonably expected that he could get back to push senior level this season?

It doesn’t seem like one year was giving him much of a chance, in which case we may as well have delisted him at the end of last season?
If you consider 76 we started the season without
murray
dunne
shaz
wells
murphy
beams
reid

all with long term injuries and then compound it by signing both sack and broomy and to not give em games . well it's now biting our arse
loyalty but too much

Broomy Imo by all reports his diet is not professional , hence why im not surprised by his lack of zip and power ,inability to gain size
Certainly not a mid
certainly not a forward

lucky his mates with brodie

a good average player at best

On a par with Ben kennedy and wow Wasnt that a bad year of drafting even with Grundy being a NO BRAINER

No doubt
Big changes need to be made

Our list needs refreshing and we need more senior VFL top ups
we havn't replaced hore
we need a vfl ruckman
we need a vfl key forward
In fact our intro year had a better list than this
WERE GOING BACKWARDS

ive been to 7 games and no ones getting anything out of this shxx

Development has stalled
im delisting crocker and offering him the captains band
im delisting sack and offering a development coaching job (playing)
im replacing lokyear, rivers, gotch and bringing in dunn as coach with richo or scott head of development

Im hitting the draft hard

Once you label another poster as "negative" you are free to personally attack them as much as you want, even if they only discuss Football. Been that way for over a year now

So I can say NEGATIVE then I am fine to abuse them anyway without worrying to get into Trouble then

murray
dunne
shaz
wells
murphy
beams
reid

all with long term injuries and then compound it by signing both sack and broomy and to not give em games . well it's now biting our arse
loyalty but too much

Broomy Imo by all reports his diet is not professional , hence why im not surprised by his lack of zip and power ,inability to gain size
Certainly not a mid
certainly not a forward

On a par with Ben kennedy and wow Wasnt that a bad year of drafting even with Grundy being a NO BRAINER

Begs the question, do you keep Broomhead on the list as purely a bargaining chip to retain Grundy???

I was so excited by that draft, and it's a shame that 2 of the 3 haven't worked out. But Grundy is potentially in the best 3 players in the comp, so I think that selection alone makes that draft a winner.

murray
dunne
shaz
wells
murphy
beams
reid

loyalty but too much

But if you consider that you'd be wrong.

Murphy was available until he injured himself VFL R1 v Coburg (AFL R3).

Reid was available and playing VFL.

Beams was available and played AFL R1.

Even Wells was on track for an early season return, played his 1st VFL game in R2 (AFL R4), and Scharenberg was slated as a mid season return (VFL R9 2 June), and Dunne resumed playing during the VFL practice match against the Tigers (AFL R2) and was on track for an early season senior return.

Certainly not a mid
certainly not a forward

So what is it, in you opinion, or by all reports? Reports from whom? Is it more than just his dislike of banana's?

Begs the question, do you keep Broomhead on the list as purely a bargaining chip to retain Grundy???

I was so excited by that draft, and it's a shame that 2 of the 3 haven't worked out. But Grundy is potentially in the best 3 players in the comp, so I think that selection alone makes that draft a winner.

I think Broomy was always long odds to get AFL game time this year given where he was coming from. Was limited to a forward role early and I think it's taken him time to rebuild his capacity and it is only over the last few games he's resumed more a midfield role. I wouldn't be surprised to see him given another year but I doubt it'll have anything to do with Grundy. It'll be based on other list turnover.

Players will get delisted based on injuries that the club aren't managing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sSb44Hs.png

iS5JPtv.png

No. Never. Can’t have players being effectively protected by other players. It’d be bad for culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back