VFL 2019 VFL R2 vs Foots (Fri 12th Apr, 4.30pm @ Holden Centre) - Wells returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t read that way at all to me. I think it’s a fair comparison. Our VFL side gets woeful exposure, especially considering it’s importance to the fortunes of our AFL side. I don’t see the need to get on the defensive regarding the AFLW when the comment wasn’t criticising it.

It's AFLW. You can't even allude towards criticising it.

Interesting how much exposure and promoting our brand new Aflw team gets while our vfl boys pretty much don't even exist unless you're a die hard and drive out to the game yourself. Seems fair.
Nonsense, woman’s game has nothing to do with the vfl exposure

String of handballs across 50 after Daicos kicked it high, Hetherington eventually goes inside and finds Wells, long kick, Wells nonchalantly turns his back, straight through the middle

33-91

Nonsense, woman’s game has nothing to do with the vfl exposure
He never said it did. Why do so many people get their backs up at the mere mention of AFLW?

He never said it did. Why do so many people get their backs up at the mere mention of AFLW?
Because it did not need AFLW reference in it, agree that The club has to do a lot better with the vfl games in video or radio, but there was no need to put the other in.
Well that’s how l read it, as sour grapes. He has done it before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos and Wells one two by foot, Daicos towards 50, wears one, pies mark, kick to Sier on 50, short pass inside finds Atu, Mark, goal

Last edited:
Please tell me Sier is looking better, knocking down the door, looking hungry, that sort of thing.:p
Looked a class above, bit of footy without getting a heap. Has some cheek, one of his kicks was smothered towards the end, opponent gathered and started running away with ball, Sier casually pushed him in the back and over the boundary.

I'm not a fan of the women's game yet. I watched a half in year 1 and the standard was so low that I couldn't watch it. I watched it again this year and the game has come on in leaps and bounds, but i'm still going to wait a couple more years for it to improve further before I get on board.

Having said that, Kappa's post was pretty obviously implying that the women's game is undeserving of our attention and whilst I don't have an issue with that as pretty much my own sentiment, I do find it annoying when someone blows a dog whistle to get a reaction from those who can hear it and then denies they blew the whistle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back