VFL 2019 VFL R3 vs Nth. Blues (Sat 20th Apr, 2.00pm @VICTORIA PARK!!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I sat near a lady with her young daughter today.
After half time they were both awaiting the return of what I thought was her son.
Seemed like a nice young fella and then I realised it was Brendon Bolton;)

I thought Reid was finished but some of his field kicking today was sublime.

It’s good that Cox and Mihocek have some pressure on them.

Though looks like he taken Goal Kicking Lessons from Cloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your boy Aish May still play TD.
Plenty of time.
Bad enough we lost the Game
But for * sake 2 seasons in a row
Can we get that Farken Electronic Score board fixed please

I was totally embarrassed and ashamed amongst Carlton supporters
Cmon Admin lift your game

Except for 1 Handball he was utterly useless. Looked Utterly Clueless what he was doing.

Bit like Cox when he started
Also had one very unnatural and almost robotic handball. I liked his run through the centre on one occasion, but you're right he's got a long way to go. I hope it's just a matter of getting used to the pace and flow of the game, because he didn't look as bad during the practice match.

Also had one very unnatural and almost robotic handball. I liked his run through the centre on one occasion, but you're right he's got a long way to go. I hope it's just a matter of getting used to the pace and flow of the game, because he didn't look as bad during the practice match.

Hope so too. It was his 1st Official AFL Game and sure looked like it. Also looks to need to Grow into his Body.

Though Keane did some Nice Things in his 2nd Game

That summary is accurate. Done some nice things, but needs to do more of them. Starting to develop a good connection with Lynch, there were three ruck contests at centre half forward just before his goal where Lynch palmed the footy into his path, but the opposition either halted Wells' run or stopped him gaining possession as he was about to run onto goal. On another day Wells may have came away with 3 or 4 shots on goal.

Broomhead looked like he did some nice things in the end, but still needs a lot of match fitness?

Broomhead looked like he did some nice things in the end, but still needs a lot of match fitness?
Broomhead played mostly forward and he was in the right spots to get onto the end of the couple in the last quarter finishing nicely with one good snap and one brilliant snap. Can be the way of a small forward, however he didn't really impact the match between his goal early in the first quarter and those two goals late. I wasn't watching the bench close enough to know whether managed game time played a part here.

With the midfield depth we have I like him in a half forward/crumbing forward role. Outside the senior group I also like Wells as a half forward and I'd currently have him ahead. I'd give Broomhead another 4-6 weeks to build his fitness and hopefully put together a solid block of form before discussing a senior recall. It's not like he's ever been an established senior player and at times he's struggled to impact when called up on the back of considerably better form.

Can we get that Farken Electronic Score board fixed please

The electronic scoreboard was installed in 2011 or thereabouts. It initially worked in fits and starts, and then eventually carked it completely.

I'm pretty sure its the Council's responsibility to replace it, and not the club's. But I agree, its embarassing, and for VFL games I'd say the score keeping facilities at Vic Park are the worst of all the grounds.

This is not to criticise the good work of Swooper18 who (in the past few seasons - still doing it?) volunteers to operate the small manual scoreboard on the south boundary.

Broomhead played mostly forward and he was in the right spots to get onto the end of the couple in the last quarter finishing nicely with one good snap and one brilliant snap. Can be the way of a small forward, however he didn't really impact the match between his goal early in the first quarter and those two goals late. I wasn't watching the bench close enough to know whether managed game time played a part here.

With the midfield depth we have I like him in a half forward/crumbing forward role. Outside the senior group I also like Wells as a half forward and I'd currently have him ahead. I'd give Broomhead another 4-6 weeks to build his fitness and hopefully put together a solid block of form before discussing a senior recall. It's not like he's ever been an established senior player and at times he's struggled to impact when called up on the back of considerably better form.

He was relatively established (as a young emerging player) when he did his shoulder some years back (2015?), wasn't he? But I agree it was only for half a season. Still, he was playing wing at that point. But you're right, he'd have a tough time breaking into our side now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back