VFL 2019 VFL R4 vs Ess (Sat 27 Apr 2pm @Salty Hill Essendon) - LIVE STREAM - Kelly debuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Its going to be a tough ask today. At the very least Essendon better not increase their percentage of 435.9%!
After the first quarter it looked like another percentage booster, but ultimately it dropped to 295.

My thinking is Ferrari s don't go off road
Wells is fit enough to come in next week
Love to see him on a wing

Any sport you play you struggle when playing with worse players

Gee we have some list problems
Lack of speed and dare

Coaching?

Lack of speed and dare

Coaching?
Wells was far from alone (most senior players could be similarly criticised), but he looked disinterested during the first half. The chance to pick Wells was as a replacement for Elliott on Thursday. I don't think Wells has the fitness to play wing and with the way we utilise wings to push into defence I think he'd be better suited to half forward flank anyway.

Lack of speed and dare

Coaching?
What the?

Lack of speed and dare

Coaching?

This Ferrari has some suspension and tyre issues. Needs a few more practice laps before it gets onto the race track.

Wells issue is lack of defensive chase and positioning. Can’t have everyone chasing the pill and running forward.

Pretty poor showing for the third week in a row. Took some adjusting to the breeze, second half was better. I question the coach a lot actually. Wonder if getting a proper coach comes out of AFL footy department cap?

In terms of individual performances, Reid played a solid four quarters and I think Cox should be put on notice. Not necessarily because he’s playing poorly but because he should be playing better. Needs to develop a more vice like grip on the ball. Drops too many marks, get Clokey back to show him. I would like to see him impose himself on the contest a bit more too. I think having Reid I’m good form is a good motivation.

Wells came good in the second half, won’t be able to run out a full game at AFL level with all those kg’s. I think when match fit he comes straight back into the 1’s...maybe another week or two.

I expected more from Wills I thought he’d be more clean and dominant, given his career at Collingwood has got to be on the line. Sier is injured and he’s behind him in the pegging order, now is the time to show your with in the 2’s.

Atu is rubbish, has he played afl before or just come straight from a NRL background?

Broomy - I thought he was ok given how little he’s played. Always rated him as a talent, hopefully he builds some form by seasons end.

Kelly did not much I guess, to be expected.

Daicos should be pushing hard, is too in an out of games. Does some really classy things though, would love to see him up and running in the 1’s.

These sorts of comments astound me.
18 year old kid, with a rugby background, has played 3 or 4 VFL games, is in the infancy of his development and we label him as rubbish.
How about we give him some time before we come to these sorts of conclusions.

I just wonder who will be first to work out how to spell his surname without copying it?

Bosenvulagi?

Took me ages to get Prestigiacomo right.

The thing that's stuck with me is the coaching -- when we were being blown away, Rivers didn't seem to make any changes. All the class - Wells, Broomhead, Reid, Goldsack (if he counts) -- was ahead of the ball.

I really think he needs to give some of those players more of a chance to get near the ball.

The thing that's stuck with me is the coaching -- when we were being blown away, Rivers didn't seem to make any changes. All the class - Wells, Broomhead, Reid, Goldsack (if he counts) -- was ahead of the ball.

I really think he needs to give some of those players more of a chance to get near the ball.
Goldsack forward of the ball is an odd one at any time. He can't play forward and surely he's our KPD cover if we cop an injury ?

Goldsack forward of the ball is an odd one at any time. He can't play forward and surely he's our KPD cover if we cop an injury ?

Rivers was quoted in the paper on Saturday as saying they're happy with the VFL Backline stocks and that is the reason Goldsack will play forward first.

Rivers was quoted in the paper on Saturday as saying they're happy with the VFL Backline stocks and that is the reason Goldsack will play forward first.
Makes sense from a VFL perspective, but would they be happy bringing any of them into the AFL if we cop an injury? Maybe they feel Goldsack or Reid are so experienced that they don't need any time to readjust to a defenders mindset. Probably true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL side just looks terrible this year so far, thought we had a pretty good squad going in but as a team we look miles off the pace.

Goldy went ok as a forward who was there for pretty much only his chasing and tackling ability. The problem is he is super fumbly, so creating a quick snap out of nothing isn’t his go. Better down back where he can punch in the air and chase on the ground.

VFL side just looks terrible this year so far, thought we had a pretty good squad going in but as a team we look miles off the pace.

Yeah, lost so many of the established VFL guys and we're relying on a lot of new players to fill the void. Team will look better when we get a few of the senior injured players back.

Brayden Sier - Toe Test
Christopher Mayne - Back2-3 weeks
Flynn Appleby - Ankle Test
James Aish - Head Test
Jamie Elliott - Buttock Test
Lynden Dunn - Knee Season
Matthew Scharenberg - Knee 4-5 weeks
Nathan Murphy - Ankle 3-4 weeks
Samuel Murray - Suspended TBC
Tyler Brown - Shoulder 2-4 weeks

Sier, Elliott, Appleby and Aish could all return this week which is a start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back