VFL 2019 VFL R6 vs Sandringham (Sun 12 May 2pm @ VICTORIA PARK)

Remove this Banner Ad

Woodward with 24 touches currently has double the disposals of our next best Sier. We seem to be carrying 6-8 guys who have no impact each week (as in <10 disposal types) including AFL listed guys. And we have no forward line to speak of. I hope we use the mid season draft to bolster the list.

I reckon if we don't take him ourselves we'll lose our best player.

Smith with his hand/thumb in a bandage, explains why he didn’t play.

Shame we lost Lynch to concussion, despite Tohill trying admirably Longer was great for them especially in the last 5 minutes.

Is our depth bad or has our VFL division dropped the ball and not recruited good enough players to support our AFL listed boys?

Without watching any VFL and just going on team sheets, we seem pretty weak in the key roles at VFL - a swag of young talls from our AFL list and very thin in terms of midfielders. I'd say it's a combination of us needing to play our developing talls thus damaging the VFL team, plus not recruiting enough VFL mids, whilst our senior team is stocked with a really strong and deep midfield, there isn't much depth outside of the AFL team, so we need a couple more Woodwards to be properly competitive in there. Heaven help our VFL team if he gets taken in the midseason draft. Is he any chance?

A few good things from Sier but otherwise I thought he looked rusty. Daicos had a solid last quarter. Wells looked okay, good in parts.

Poor Woodward. Fantastic player, easy to see the sort of career he might have had with more decent luck.

Skills at VFL are Appaling.

We kept missing Targets. Kicking to the Forwards where s**t house.

At then end we kept Kicking it straight to Sandy Players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s two single figure heart breakers at Vic Park this year. Unlike the blues game we shouldn’t have won this one.

Sandy should of Flogged us really. They where Miles better then us

Think I'd only look at the Q for seniors after that.

With respect Dave that is a flawed argument if they didn't flog us then they couldn't hence not as good as they thought they were.

ONLY the end result matters mate, they were slightly bigger and more composed - end of story.

There Goal Kicking was the Reason we even had a Chance

Without watching any VFL and just going on team sheets, we seem pretty weak in the key roles at VFL - a swag of young talls from our AFL list and very thin in terms of midfielders. I'd say it's a combination of us needing to play our developing talls thus damaging the VFL team, plus not recruiting enough VFL mids, whilst our senior team is stocked with a really strong and deep midfield, there isn't much depth outside of the AFL team, so we need a couple more Woodwards to be properly competitive in there. Heaven help our VFL team if he gets taken in the midseason draft. Is he any chance?

Also keep in mind we lost Marty Hore and Tom Jok,I really think these 2 players where worthy of being AFL listed.

Thanks to Saintly Viewed and barrackers for running commentary.

Things that I am adding:

Thing 1. Walked in a few minutes late and stood for awhile next to this young boy who was telling everyone around him, 'that's my brother playing'. One person standing next to him asked 'which one' and the boy replied, 'the one with the dark skin'. It was Atu's little brother about 6 or 7.

Thing 2. Wells had a different boot on his right foot, orange sole and seemed built up. Perhaps due to his foot problems?

Thing 3. Shame about Woodward and his knee recos, very good player.

Of our listed players, my thoughts worth sharing (this is the third game I have seen live).

Sier needs another game.
Wells playing almost exclusively fwd, class player.
Varcoe, IQ, did some nice things.
Like the look of Kelly although nowhere near ready.
Goldsack, Broomhead - pass
Really liked Daicos's game today, found a lot of space as a link and kicked well. If the opportunity arises, would give him a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back