VFL 2019 VFL R6 vs Sandringham (Sun 12 May 2pm @ VICTORIA PARK)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’ll stay with us.

Rarely do players leave clubs unless one party or the other wants out.
Unless it’s the mother of all deals, players and clubs find a way.

I heard he was going to BUT not for big bucks he said there was a bloke on big footy stalking him
He said he'd stay if he saw no more pictures of bears and he never gets nominated for sponsorship again

Result irrelevant.
Performances of individuals is what we need to look at.

Names like Varcoe, Wells, Sier, Daicos etc and what claims they have made to get an senior call?
Not really, making the finals can be beneficial to get players ready for the seniors if they make it. Like last year I dont think we could give Moore a run in the two's, because they were out.

I was at the game, near the interchange bench. After Lynch went down, we didn't really have any talls. Had to put Tohil and also Goldy in the ruck. And in those last few minutes, every time we did the kick out, their tall players would mark and kick it back to goal.

They were better for longer.

I was at the game, near the interchange bench. After Lynch went down, we didn't really have any talls. Had to put Tohil and also Goldy in the ruck. And in those last few minutes, every time we did the kick out, their tall players would mark and kick it back to goal.

Nice pun

I heard he was going to BUT not for big bucks he said there was a bloke on big footy stalking him
He said he'd stay if he saw no more pictures of bears and he never gets nominated for sponsorship again

He's not a big fan of the dungeon time either. I'm pretty sure that'd be a disincentive to staying as well.

Concussed via an accidental Sandringham knee in a marking contest early in the second quarter. Tohill was our main ruck there after with Goldsack only giving him an occasional chop out late.
Concussed early, Apex.
Thanks guys. Doesn’t help the cause when your main ruck goes down early. We did well to make it such a close game by the sounds of it.

Thanks guys. Doesn’t help the cause when your main ruck goes down early. We did well to make it such a close game by the sounds of it.
On paper, with Lynch injured, its a pretty terrible team. There's some AFL quality depth in there, but they're all flankers or Sier probably on limited minutes.

21 shots to 15, tells a different story but i wasnt there
There wasn't much in it throughout the day, however in a low scoring encounter were we struggled to find forward targets the three quarter time margin looked enough and I thought we had no hope after they got the first of the last term. It was only in the last 5 minutes of the match where they were hugely inaccurate though with 6 straight behinds.

Game details via vfl.com.au
Collingwood 1.2 ~ 3.5 ~ 4.7 ~ 8.7 55
Sandringham 2.2 ~ 4.6 ~ 6.7 ~ 7.14 56

Goal Kickers: T. Varcoe 2, J. Madgen, D. Wells, T. Goldsack, S. Ralph, W. Kelly, B. Sier
Best Players: A. Woodward, C. Hustwaite, M. Keane, J. Madgen, B. Sier, I. Quaynor
First time I've noticed Hustwaite today and thankfully it was through good play in the centre.

And in those last few minutes, every time we did the kick out, their tall players would mark and kick it back to goal.
Thought at the time it might have been better had they actually scored a goal; at least that way we could have re-set in the centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly true, but it sounds like the kind of rumour that another team supporting mate would make up based on nothing. Considering no-one seems to know what he is up to on a week to week basis, except that he played paintball at some stage over the last couple of years, I'd be skeptical of any rumours about his future.

We'll need some no-name no idea nobody Fox reporter to tweet it before we can (apparently) take it as an absolutely certainty.

We'll need some no-name no idea nobody Fox reporter to tweet it before we can (apparently) take it as an absolutely certainty.
I'll need to see Buckley do a press conference where he thanks him for his contribution and wishes him the best for the future.

Jen, I didn’t think to look for you. I was near the interchange area for a bit of time, just to observe how the players were crafting their messages sans runners.

I think Dave was seen behind the interchange somewhere there.

Also quite a few patrons brought their dogs, some beauties too.

(An aside but Alan Richardson comes across as a really good guy. A few St Kilda supporters said hello and he was very open, said hi and interacted with some kids too. Those poor kids having been brought up for St Kilda. At least they deserve some niceness from their coach. Poor insipid St Kilda.)

Jen, I didn’t think to look for you. I was near the interchange area for a bit of time, just to observe how the players were crafting their messages sans runners.

I think Dave was seen behind the interchange somewhere there.

Also quite a few patrons brought their dogs, some beauties too.

(An aside but Alan Richardson comes across as a really good guy. A few St Kilda supporters said hello and he was very open, said hi and interacted with some kids too. Those poor kids having been brought up for St Kilda. At least they deserve some niceness from their coach. Poor insipid St Kilda.)

No worries. You probably wouldn't know what I looked like lol I was standing/sitting on the steps just behind the interchange, where the boys were standing up waiting to go back on.
I saw a few of our players. I saw the browns, Wills, Appleby, Dunn, Aish. Then Oxley - Unsure why he isn't playing?

I know VFL bests have to be taken with a grain of salt but Keane getting listed in the bests is an encouraging sign

I think his listing in the bests is more than an encouragement award. He made mistakes but was otherwise a solid presence amidst a shaky defence.

Concerning Wells hasn't been anywhere near the best yet.

Wells spent far too much time deep in our forward line to be prominent, and when the ball did manage to head in his direction he was usually one-out with Jono Marsh.

Concerning Wells hasn't been anywhere near the best yet.
Coach thought he was good.
Up forward.

When the ball came his way, gee he’s good with it.

Last edited:
Thanks Maggie for you views - Wells as a forward pocket is far from a poor option but possibly not what we had in mind when we recruited him. The built up boot is a great observation and an interesting insight as to why he seems to be progressing better this time - perhaps podiatrist advice??
Probably not but he roves the ball as well as anybody. Quality player no matter where you put him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back