VFL 2019 VFL R7 vs Geel (Sun 19 May 1pm @ Kardinia Park)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
a team like st.kilda would be mad to pass on AW.
I don't know much at all about him, other than what I've read on here, but if he's a decent chance of stepping in and being an AFL quality mid, I reckon there is 10 teams who could benefit from adding him into their rotation - including the reigning AFL premiers.

sloth6

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2006
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
How come every VFL game the analysis is "Sier was ok"
Hey Kap, woodwards game was dominant whereas sier was in and out of the match. He did some nice things but for me didn’t really grab the game by the horns and say pick me next week, I’m ready to go.

With the low scoring match he also got stuck on the bench waiting for his rotation longer for what he would’ve liked.

Finnishpie

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How come every VFL game the analysis is "Sier was ok"
From what I've seen -- I didn't catch yesteday's game though -- that's usually because he was ... ok. Solid but not spectacular.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Certainly young enough to justify selection, would take a brave club to do so without a medical though. Given he wasn’t on the medical test list it maybe a case us or no one.
I could be wrong in terms of what they can see from a medical, but I would have thought VFL games would be a more effective medical than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Kap, woodwards game was dominant whereas sier was in and out of the match. He did some nice things but for me didn’t really grab the game by the horns and say pick me next week, I’m ready to go.

With the low scoring match he also got stuck on the bench waiting for his rotation longer for what he would’ve liked.
Has he ever done that at VFL level though? He was picked last year due to injuries at senior level and the better performed VFL mid in Wills. If they're waiting for him to take a VFL game by the throat it could be a long wait.

Finnishpie

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has he ever done that at VFL level though? He was picked last year due to injuries at senior level and the better performed VFL mid in Wills. If they're waiting for him to take a VFL game by the throat it could be a long wait.
That's why I reckon they'll have to look at his GPS and more general fitness. We won't know that but it'll be a factor.

Top Bottom