VFL 2019 VFL R7 vs Geel (Sun 19 May 1pm @ Kardinia Park)

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
In some ways it would make sense (for us to take him), but if we do pick up a player I just hope it's someone who might have a long term future with the club. If another club wants to select him that would still make a great story.

I think we need to pick the best performing key defender. If Roughead or Moore went down, we'd be exposed. The midseason draft for us (as contenders) needs to be about insurance for this year, not necessarily building for the future.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
17 points down.
Start last quarter.

Lovely day.

40 - 57

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another post to them.

After I said so few behinds the behinds are being found.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
The beauty of the midseason draft is that picking him doesn't contain risk. No list spot is forfeited. It's a free hit on a guy with with half a season to decide if you want to keep him on the list for the following season.
I love the idea of the mid-season draft, but just aren't keen on us perhaps picking up a player who might only be with the club for the rest of the season. No doubt others will see it differently, but I would like to see us try and snare a good young prospect who might be with us for quite a few years, or a mature (but ready to play) type like Marlion Pickett, who could still be on our list for a while. Having said all that, I suspect we won't pick up anyone!

If someone else takes Woodward and it works out well, then good luck to him and that club.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
4 goals down.

Not to be too tough, but some of our VFL listed players make silly mistakes and turnovers to our cost.

I love the idea of the mid-season draft, but just aren't keen on us perhaps picking up a player who might only be with the club for the rest of the season. No doubt others will see it differently, but I would like to see us try and snare a good young prospect who might be with us for quite a few years, or a mature (but ready to play) type like Marlion Pickett, who could still be on our list for a while. Having said all that, I suspect we won't pick up anyone!

If someone else takes Woodward and it works out well, then good luck to him and that club.
Sorry I thought you were talking about any club. Yeah, he's not right for us, but a club with an ordinary or shallow midfield should have a look.

I hioe we look at a kid, as i don't think we need his depth and like you said, we'll just pass if no one is rated highly.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
PIes goal.

Atu I think it was. Yes was him.

3 goals a drift

sloth6

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2006
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Great mark by atu. Kicks truely. Still a lot of work. Great outlet kick by wells. He rarely wastes a possession but when your getting 6 or 7 touches a match you really can’t be putting your hand up for selection just yet.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Yes all of them when they want the ball

:p
Grumpy.jpg

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Sorry I thought you were talking about any club. Yeah, he's not right for us, but a club with an ordinary or shallow midfield should have a look.

I hioe we look at a kid, as i don't think we need his depth and like you said, we'll just pass if no one is rated highly.
I probably was originally, then changed it to be mostly about our club, so not surprising if that was a bit unclear!!

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
15 minutes gone.

3 goal game

sloth6

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2006
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Woodward’s influence really been quelled in this final term. Two goals down with 10 minutes to go. Back in it after that nice goal.

Back