VFL 2019 VFL R8 vs Box Hill (Sat 25 May 2pm @ VICTORIA PARK)

Remove this Banner Ad

If he does an acl early next season, you replace him in the midseason draft. If he does not, you may have got yourself an AFL mid. I don't see much risk.
And if he pops his ACL a week after he was recruited you’re back where you began...

Except the list spot you were attempting to fill to replace an injured player....

He is too good for VFL........I would roll the dice on him if my Club needed him in the mid season draft.

I think you need to calm the farm.
Labelling who?

You’ve gone with some weird paranoia then ratcheted it up a notch.

You're the 1 throwing terms like "unbalanced haters" around and in response to a post querying Phillips criticism.

Except the list spot you were attempting to fill to replace an injured player....
I just think if you're looking at a short term fix in this draft, you're barking up the wrong tree. To me it's a free hit, which you get to make a call on six months later and if hes got an injury history, so what, you can replace him in the November draft, June draft or the next November draft if he does his ACL in the first 18 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're the 1 throwing terms like "unbalanced haters" around and in response to a post querying Phillips criticism.
Was a tad harsh on reflection.
That’s probably correct.

Might be better if I remembered, posters aren’t football players, so they shouldn’t be treated in posts like our players.

Point taken.

jackcass I am not sure what you expect from Phillips.......I think you mark his ability too harsh.

Just my 2 cents mate.

jackcass I am not sure what you expect from Phillips.......I think you mark his ability too harsh.

Just my 2 cents mate.
There some players people just don’t like no matter what or how well they do, they will always find something wrong

Great result by the boys, great to see Daics and IQ looking the goods

We just need to get a few bodies back to fill out the VFL squad a bit

But how often is that related to an early call from the poster and an unwillingness to reassess.
Evert time, they just don’t reassess do they

Matters little, it's football, not athletics.
Seems a very old fashioned view. Running is the first and most important attribute for any wingman playing in the AFL. It just so happens that Phillips is one of the best runners in the comp. It's a large part of why he is our best winger and in no danger of being replaced in the side. Maybe this is why your view of him is so "unbalanced", because you don't rate running ability highly enough?

Whatever the reason for your criticism, Tom is having another very good year. Top 5 at the club for coaches votes which does not in any way class him as a fringe player as you'd have it.

Outside the one howler Daicos has been pretty consistent with his numbers.

Round 1. 23 disposals, 1 goal
Round 2. 23 disposals, 1 goal
Round 3. 17 disposals, 1 goal
Round 4. 9 disposals
Round 6. 26 disposals
Round 7. 23 disposals, 1 goal
Round 8. 34 disposals
The last 3 rounds are very promising, he has the moves and the footy smarts.

I just think if you're looking at a short term fix in this draft, you're barking up the wrong tree. To me it's a free hit, which you get to make a call on six months later and if hes got an injury history, so what, you can replace him in the November draft, June draft or the next November draft if he does his ACL in the first 18 months.
The whole point of the draft is for short term fixes/depth. It’s literally why it was implemented....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back