VFL 2019 VFL R9 vs Port Melb (Sun 2 Jun 2pm @ Adcon Stadium, North Port Oval) - Scharenberg returns!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I use the footy live app. I’m confused, because the club tweet says Sier had 34 disposals, which is right on my app, but it says 36 on the VFL app.
Which number makes him look better is the better number to use.

Tim looks the same to me.

He didn't get pushed around yesterday maybe due to him reading the play better than most.

His issue is that he plays his best on the inside, but just hasn't got the body for it at AFL, or the insane level of skill he'd need to compensate for his size. He's got some talent, but is just a bit NQR for any role. I'm a bit worried about Daicos in the same vein.

I use the footy live app. I’m confused, because the club tweet says Sier had 34 disposals, which is right on my app, but it says 36 on the VFL app.
Bizarre. They need to keep them all the same. Even on the match report on the OS it says Woodward was below Sier with 21, so maybe the 18 was correct for Wills.

His issue is that he plays his best on the inside, but just hasn't got the body for it at AFL, or the insane level of skill he'd need to compensate for his size. He's got some talent, but is just a bit NQR for any role. I'm a bit worried about Daicos in the same vein.

I think it is work rate with Daics…….agree with your view of Tim.

I don’t want to derail this thread but just wanted to add Tim B is building nicely........second VFL game in a row I have seen live and the pleasing thing today that I saw is that he hasn’t lost his speed.

I have never doubted his football ability but his injury was significant.

If he can play every game in the VFL this year then he deserves one more year IMO.

Well said CFC.

It's more his pace that I'd be worried about -- he's quick but not super quick.

But I reckon he's fine on the inside. He's not Sier or Wills but his hands and touch are beautiful. The issue is, who would he replace in the AFL in the midfield? We're chock-a-block and he's not good enough overhead or fast enough for the forward line, I don't reckon. Still reckon he's worth holding on to for when Varcoe, Wells (then Pendles and Beams) retire.

Good to hear positive things about Broomy. I was a bit obsessed with him in his early years, and then being fickle, I dropped him for next shiny new thing. But he’s hanging in there, and he may yet become a regular in the 22. He certainly has AFL traits.

The figures have nearly all gone up!

Is there a "boost" button on the VFL site like the gambling companies have that you can press to suddenly increase all the player's stats? :p

Would be interested to know if the statisticians watch replays of games and re-count the stats to see how they compare to the live stats they recorded.

That said... if there are replays... let us at 'em!

Bizarre. They need to keep them all the same. Even on the match report on the OS it says Woodward was below Sier with 21, so maybe the 18 was correct for Wills.
My app stats fyi
572FF6BD-6039-4968-B859-1BE4EAAA0871.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also helping Sier's case is that he got 9 clearances.
It will be nothing short of bizarre if Brayden Sier is not in the (AFL) team this week! He's way too good to be playing VFL, he's surely done enough to earn promotion, and of course the senior side does need a bit of a shake-up. The star studded midfield is not performing as it should do, and Sier's selection is overdue. I'm looking forward to the announcement of the team on Thursday night - I just can't see how he could be left out this time!

Good to hear positive things about Broomy. I was a bit obsessed with him in his early years, and then being fickle, I dropped him for next shiny new thing. But he’s hanging in there, and he may yet become a regular in the 22. He certainly has AFL traits.
My view on Broomy is that he has all the attributes to make an A grade footballer, but has bad luck that has effected his continuity and confidence. When he does get game time in the AFL he’s tentative and really unsure of himself with the ball.

He’s hard at it, quick, skilful...that’s a good combination for the modern game, just needs to get a good run at it I think.

Totally agree
Still has excellent prospects and the strategy is too condition him for AFL return

Thomas needs a spell in 2s

We have the best Ruckman in comp
And Adams and Sier can feed of those Ruck taps

Do you reckon he'll be on the list next year? Hard to see how he becomes best 22, he's kind of like a less skillful WHE

Do you reckon he'll be on the list next year? Hard to see how he becomes best 22, he's kind of like a less skillful WHE

No idea if Tim will be with us next year, but we have half a season to find out. Admittedly to date his best has mainly been seen in glimpses, and rarely in full games. But a fit Tim gets more of the ball than say, a Thomas.

No idea if Tim will be with us next year, but we have half a season to find out. Admittedly to date his best has mainly been seen in glimpses, and rarely in full games. But a fit Tim gets more of the ball than say, a Thomas.

Thomas kicks a lot more goals and is far better defensively though.

Broomhead never really applied much pressure or tackles

0oUO3ub.png

ihsMgkR.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back