eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Like, before the finals series they were legitimately favourites for me. Port vs Richmond will be interesting after Port beat them in the 2017 GF

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Liston on tonight, Fothergill - Round on tonight. Team of the year tonight.

Tips from everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liston:

1. Mitch Hibberd
2. Callum Searle
3. Patrick Naish

Fothergill-Round-Mitchell:

1. Jake Riccardi (shoe in, seriously)
2. Marcus Lentini

Don't think they announce 2nd, 3rd etc do they?

Not sure on the make up of the TOTY, but from Essendon and Coburg I expect Heppell, Lentini and Lochie Dickson to be around the mark.

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Bit late to the party but Jake Riccardi has been named Fothergil - Round medalist.

From the backline, Jack Charlston (WIlliamstown) - Hugh Beasley (Richmond) - Daniel Coffield (Richmond)
Leigh Masters (Williamstown) - Nick Coughlan (Weribee) - Harvey Hooper (Port Melbourne)
Eli Templeton (Port Melbourne) - James Munro (Casey Demons) - Mitch Hibberd (Williamstown)
Sam Fisher (Northern Blues) - Jake Riccardi (Weribee) - Anthony Scott (Footscray)
Mitch White (Casey Demons) - Jordan Lisle (Port Melbourne) - Sam Fox (Sandringham)
Nick Meese (Williamstown) - Tom Gribble (Weribee) - Alex Woodward (Collingwood)

Internchange a collection of the who's who, who didnt make the 18;

Michael Barlow (Weribee) - Marcus Lentini (Coburg) - Josh Newman (Frankston)
Jack Henderson (Weribee) - Shannen Lange (Port MElbourne) - Jake Corigliano (Coburg)

You would expect quite a few of these guys to get drafted. Coughlan a smoky to get another go. Hibberd to get a go. Riccardi ad Scott. Fox as well.

Dogs till i die

Club Legend
Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
NPO is the home of VFL football. Also don't think they'll last beyond week 1, both Werribee and Geelong are better sides than them comfortably. As for other grounds, most of them have been booked by other comps for finals due to the VFL not using them during finals.

I think it's the right move to go back to Suburbia but go with North Port. The home of the VFL.
I agree but the Borough cop 3 home finals for finishing 7th. Massive, massive advantage at this time of the year and the comp loses even more integrity.

VFL not interested in finding who the best team actually is.

Thankfully Willy have avoided the dreaded home final at Port this year (so far).

eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I agree but the Borough cop 3 home finals for finishing 7th. Massive, massive advantage at this time of the year and the comp loses even more integrity.

VFL not interested in finding who the best team actually is.

Thankfully Willy have avoided the dreaded home final at Port this year (so far).
They have Essendon at NPO next week. But the way we played against the Bees makes it hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs till i die

Club Legend
Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Come on Willy.

Is that 8 prelims in a row?

Can that be matched in any State League in the country?

Great consistent, stable, stand alone club on a little peninsula away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of Melbourne.

Whatever happens on Sunday (Tiges are favourites, rightly so), great respect.

Rickee

Senior List
May 23, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Very proud of Port Melbourne to push the very best team in the league all the way, and even be leading halfway through the last.
Being one down on the bench certainly didn't help matters, but absolutely no excuses and a very fine season from the Borough boys.

Top Bottom