VFLW 2019 VFLW Game Day Discussion Thread

Round 11, 2019: Southern Saints v Western Bulldogs
Wilson Storage Trevor Barker Beach Oval, Sunday 21st July, 3:10PM AEST

SY3zB1w.png

Round 11:
Southern Saints 5.6.36 defeated Western Bulldogs 3.3.21

VFLW ladder with three weeks (two games for us) left in the season.

QHR7s5U.png
Thanks George , ive been all over the AFL site trying to find info on the state league , especially the ladder . Couldnt even find a mention of it . It might be there but i couldnt find it. Im sorry i havent keep watch on here more often as you have done a great job. i have seen alot of the highlights but there might be some ive missed , i will watch them all again anyway . Hopefully the women can go on and win the flag leading into us going into the aflw next year , how exciting will that be for us all .

lenny_07

Senior List
Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The women are fantastic. I've been going to the women's match and leaving before Sandy play so my day isn't ruined.

Top of the ladder after today.

The St Kilda website is awful with info about the Southern Saints. Outdated player profiles.

I only found out Kate Shierlaw was captain when she wore the 0 number against Essendon, and in the article of her promotion to the AFLW list, it mentioned she was co-captain. Does anybody know who is the other co-captain?

The women are fantastic. I've been going to the women's match and leaving before Sandy play so my day isn't ruined.

Top of the ladder after today.

The St Kilda website is awful with info about the Southern Saints. Outdated player profiles.

I only found out Kate Shierlaw was captain when she wore the 0 number against Essendon, and in the article of her promotion to the AFLW list, it mentioned she was co-captain. Does anybody know who is the other co-captain?
I believe it is Leah Olsen mate.

And our course the VFLW ladder before we play our last game of the season against Richmond!

x2xqeEy.png

I will be posting the Game Day threads for the finals series on the main Saints board for some more attention.

Go girls!

Just a query George were we a surprise packet to finish so high, or was it expected?
We have a bunch of established players but it is our first year together so I don't think anybody knew what to expect. Finals probably, but definitely not top spot!

Back