2019 Vuelta Espana

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an absolute pain in the dick. I got it going once - once - after a lot of shagging around. Usually it sits there with a black screen. Not mentioned anywhere, but apparently the page detests ad blockers, "allow on this page" didn't work, I had to disable mine completely and then exit chrome before going back in, so that it could load and show an ad before going to the feed. That was the only time it worked, since then the closest I've got is "loading ad" and it sits there. So I haven't bothered, unfortunately, and I can't be arsed setting up the satellite dish again just for this.

Stage 4 with the incredibly tight finish, and stage 5 with the crazy drama. That final climb was unbelievable. Madrazo’s win was as good as I’ve seen. Three times on the final climb it looked as though he was cooked and yet he somehow kept appearing when all seemed lost. And López with an attack late to reclaim the red and gain crucial seconds on Roglic, who looks to be his main threat. Quintana didn’t quite have the legs on that stage, but will stay around the mark.

Tremendous first five days!

Turned on the tv to see that I've apparently missed a big crash

One thing I don’t understand. For example last night we picked up coverage on Eurosport with 68km to go. On Viceland with 48. Pathetic. Anyway, why do we get the feed so late? Like from my understanding they don’t even have coverage of the crash. How? How does a professional cycling race, one of the biggest tours of the year, have no coverage of a major crash? It seems amateurish to me.

According to Steephill the earliest live video of the stage starts 3 hours after the start of the stage. I can only assume its because of the Spanish broadcaster, who provides the images for all other broadcasts, deciding it's not worth the cost to show the race from the start like they do for the TdF and the other big races I watch.

According to Steephill the earliest live video of the stage starts 3 hours after the start of the stage. I can only assume its because of the Spanish broadcaster, who provides the images for all other broadcasts, deciding it's not worth the cost to show the race from the start like they do for the TdF and the other big races I watch.
Thanks :) Still seems a little staggering that a Grand Tour doesn’t have coverage from the outset. A major crash and nothing. You’d think in 2019 that wouldn’t be the case, costs or not. Watching the stage now, just saw Van Garderen crash. This tour has got it all.

This climb is crazy steep.
Ramps of 25% :eek:

Screenshot-2019-08-28-at-20.26.54-1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was that, the big four going head to head on the last 3km in a crazy climb. Agree with others, Roglic looking strong. Disappointed that López dropped 6 seconds in the last 200 metres. Shaping up to be tremendous tour.

Some precarious weather tonight.

Not sure I've ever seen a cameraman's motorbike lose its grip like that one did around one of the many roundabouts/sharp turns in the last few kms
Another unforgettable moment really, seems every stage is packed with drama. How’s the Sunweb guy hitting the bitumen too, looks like he lost a few teeth. Brutal stuff.

Best stuff I’ve seen, absolutely compelling stuff. Such back and forth action. López clearly taking a tumble when we lost footage, we’ll never know what really happened. Gutted. Had a 35 second lead then we lost footage and suddenly he’s level with Quintana and Val Verde and he’s got blood on his elbow. :(

Pogacar what an absolute star. Him and Bernal going to have to some epic battles.

Roglic just too good on that TT. Blew most out of the water.

Pretty proud of López. First checkpoint it looked like he could lose 3 mins to Roglic but he really hung in there, actually had a really solid last third. I kept expecting Roglic to pass him at any point but he kept fighting.

Good result for Val Verde, disaster for Quintana. Pogacar again stamped his mark, started a little too hot but feel like given a few years he could be taking these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back