Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Crystal ball picking the winners. Maybe the kids who slid a long way who perform are the winners.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Comben has looked good against AFL players for a kid KPF.

Not bad over Tarrant and Daw...

He’s a bit of a freak athlete when you compare him on the track to some other very athletic AFL quality players.

None of the cats from this draft have been particularly impressive.
at opening xmas presents?

I mean they have been at the club all of 2 weeks now.
I guess they should all have Brownlows, Colemans, MOTY and GOTY noms lol

GO Catters

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Not much really to report from the Lions draftees.

Robertson has looked pretty much like he did at the U18 champs. He moves well, has looked very good in match sims when winning and hand balling the ball out. His kicking, well that’s a work in progress. He’s a natural leader of the younger players. And he’s been doing extra work with Lachie Neale (along with Ely Smith and McCluggage) after training has finished.

Jaxon Prior has looked good as a HBF and is a very good left foot kick.

And Keidean Coleman has looked good as a small forward. But needs to improve his running.

Josh Bruce fitting in very well, has been dominant in match play although we haven't had Keath in full contact training as yet.

Where were Keath and Bruce drafted?
They weren't, they were traded.

If you're trying to be facetious - the thread title isn't draft specific, neither is some of the discussion here.

Early stages of course -

National Draft -
Kemp #17 - Involved in straight line running and kicking also. Looks a great size already.
Philp #20 - Haven't seen the express speed he's renown for yet, but does manoeuvre well through traffic.
Ramsay #47 - Nothing standing out to date.

Rookie Draft -
Honey #3 - Really like him so far. Much quicker and more nimble than I expected to see.
Phillips #18 - Very slight but this guy kicks goals from any angle across his body. Is a talent but body some way off.

Rookie Draft -
Honey #3 - Really like him so far. Much quicker and more nimble than I expected to see.
I liked Honey pre-draft. I think he could well be a handy player.
Really good defensive side to his game IIRC. Jets boy, so as a westie I took an interest in him. Every team needs a player of that type.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
We at Essendon have moved on from Derpy Joe.

We have a new weirdo looking unit.

images

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Not much really to report from the Lions draftees.

Robertson has looked pretty much like he did at the U18 champs. He moves well, has looked very good in match sims when winning and hand balling the ball out. His kicking, well that’s a work in progress. He’s a natural leader of the younger players. And he’s been doing extra work with Lachie Neale (along with Ely Smith and McCluggage) after training has finished.

Jaxon Prior has looked good as a HBF and is a very good left foot kick.

And Keidean Coleman has looked good as a small forward. But needs to improve his running.

2 players im really looking foward to seeing for the lions this year are Ely Smith & Connor Mcfadyen , Both nig strong boys that i think have alot of talent and could be beast mids in coming years

Richmond: Hugo Ralphsmith really impressing with his speed,Agility and skill coaches are very impressed

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
if It’s common knowledge how come no one other than Carlton Supporters desperate to beat Richmond at anything have heard about it.

I”ve heard the direct opposite that we were never interested in Philp at 21 because he is the worst kick in the draft pool
Phelps kicking looked pretty good converting the goal after nailing Bianco in a tackle yesterday. Kicking in the rest of the game looked good. Very promising first hitout in Navy. Pace really stood out.

Find it very hard to believe he is the worst kick in the draft pool.

Serong one of the best on in the Docker scratchie today.

If he gets named round 1, i'd be putting him on your DT benches as a cash cow. Will get plenty of opportunity this year up forward and on ball and tackles like a madman. Has brought down Fyfe every training session apparently

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Phelps kicking looked pretty good converting the goal after nailing Bianco in a tackle yesterday. Kicking in the rest of the game looked good. Very promising first hitout in Navy. Pace really stood out.

Find it very hard to believe he is the worst kick in the draft pool.
Has his backstroke improved at all? Was always very good freestyle, butterfly and breaststroke.

I liked Honey pre-draft. I think he could well be a handy player.
Really good defensive side to his game IIRC. Jets boy, so as a westie I took an interest in him. Every team needs a player of that type.

Again looked good in that practice match against Collingwood on Thursday.
Honey doesn't mind a bit of agro either. Quite a competitive youngster that has a mature body and plays with a level of maturity.

Philp showed plenty also last Thursday and actually started in the 'main team' via the first few quarters...that actually had 7 quarters,

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Stephens looks a mile off. As someone with such a big body very disappointing. Looks a poor man's Josh Caddy in the midfield

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yes. I'm not going to spin it that Cooper Stephens looks like the next cripps because he doesn't. He looked an absolute mile off AFL. Sure, he has had an injury. I just expected more from someone with a mature body.

The others are long term prospects and have yet to show anything yet.
Could easily get a few good players in this year draft with three first round pick..

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes. I'm not going to spin it that Cooper Stephens looks like the next cripps because he doesn't. He looked an absolute mile off AFL. Sure, he has had an injury. I just expected more from someone with a mature body.

The others are long term prospects and have yet to show anything yet.
Why didnt taheny get a game first up/ will he be in the mix to play in the 2nd game?

Mahoney did a few nice things against the dogs. Very composed, smart disposal and did the little things right.

Lacks a little bit of pace.

Comben has impressed the most.

Perez is a fair way off.

Bonar has shown a bit, but lacks a tank to challenge for a best 22 spot in my opinion.

Back