(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies

Spec Moderator
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
Moderator #531
Game against Sri Lanka in a couple days looks good weather wise.

I'm probably tempting fate here but its a good time to increase NRR surely.
Its getting to the point now that unless we get a washout at some point there isn't really anyone we can tie with that NRR will come into play. Its only England and Afghanistan where NRR would be the tie-breaker with us at the moment.

frankrizzo

Norm Smith Medallist
Game against Sri Lanka in a couple days looks good weather wise.

I'm probably tempting fate here but its a good time to increase NRR surely.
We seem to be avoiding all the weather, today's game looks like rain, india vs pakistan on Sunday rain and the other Saturday game sa vs Afghanistan is rain, would be a tough way for sa to go out rained out game vs Afghanistan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
West Coast
I hate to say it, but the back half of this world cup is looming as rather tedious. We're only at the half way point, and it's hard to see the top four changing.

West indies are the only team I can see challenging, but they need at least one upset win, and can't drop points against in any of the three games against Bangladesh, Sri Lanka or Afghanistan.

The South African implosion has moved the schism in the table to the worst possible spot, between fourth and fifth.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates
I hate to say it, but the back half of this world cup is looming as rather tedious. We're only at the half way point, and it's hard to see the top four changing.

West indies are the only team I can see challenging, but they need at least one upset win, and can't drop points against in any of the three games against Bangladesh, Sri Lanka or Afghanistan.

The South African implosion has moved the schism in the table to the worst possible spot, between fourth and fifth.
There are only a few matches left that are likely to be important. Today's between Bangladesh and the West Indies, the next match after that of the winner, and NZ vs SA, and if they all go as I expect (Bangladesh, Australia, NZ), it's all over.

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd

Yup - I had this feeling looking at the table Friday night I think and the weekend results have just re-entrenched what looks like a top four that will clear out from the rest.

Time for the spot fixing championships to begin.

Top Bottom