2019 World Cup General Discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Fair snub for Haze. Kane never done a lot at international level and doesn't have the upside of Jhye who you could understand being picked originally.

eddiesmith

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England Cronulla
Disappointing for Jhye, shocked by Kanes selection but don't think its really a snub of Hazelwood, would you really pick another player under an injury cloud to replace an injured player? They obviously have more of a long term plan for him

Ishikawa

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ah damn I was really hoping he'd get up, brings great enthusiasm and is always at the batsman. Will be an important member of the Ashes lineup so here's hoping for no further complications.

Don't rate the Kane variety of the Richardson's so a bit surprised that Hazlewood was still overlooked.

Chris Morris has replaced the injured Anrich Nortje in the SAfrican squad.
I feel for Nortje and like what he's done so far, but I really think Morris has a huge role to play for South Africa in the tournament so I think they had to find a way to get him in somehow.

eth-dog

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Ah damn I was really hoping he'd get up, brings great enthusiasm and is always at the batsman. Will be an important member of the Ashes lineup so here's hoping for no further complications.

Don't rate the Kane variety of the Richardson's so a bit surprised that Hazlewood was still overlooked.

I feel for Nortje and like what he's done so far, but I really think Morris has a huge role to play for South Africa in the tournament so I think they had to find a way to get him in somehow.
Mitch Marsh being snubbed is the head scratcher for me. Hazlewood has the big name and Marsh has his reputation, but honestly 5 front line seamers is too many when you have 2 very capable all rounders with seam bowling.

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Mitch Marsh being snubbed is the head scratcher for me. Hazlewood has the big name and Marsh has his reputation, but honestly 5 front line seamers is too many when you have 2 very capable all rounders with seam bowling.
Do the replacements have to be like for like? Mitch Marsh would have given them more flexibility within the squad that is for sure. Stoinis is really the elephant in the room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Do the replacements have to be like for like? Mitch Marsh would have given them more flexibility within the squad that is for sure. Stoinis is really the elephant in the room.
ODI player of the year Marcus Stoinis

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak
Wel they are starting on the right foot..glad the bad boys returned home...
Value to the team..?.?chronic ,hypertension. ..

Ishikawa

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Buttler put together another clinic last night. 100 off 50, what an amazing batsman he's become.

But on the highlights very impressed with Pakistan's batting. Could well surprise if they get on a roll, have got some very damaging players in the lineup and the extremely consistent Babar Azam. Somewhat surprisingly given their history, their bowling will probably be too big a weakness this time round.

Top Bottom