2019 World Cup General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jhye ruled out of the World Cup, replaced by Kane Richardson in the squad. :(

Was always going to be tough to bounce back in time.
Disappointing. Also not bringing in another bat was a silly decision again.

Ah damn I was really hoping he'd get up, brings great enthusiasm and is always at the batsman. Will be an important member of the Ashes lineup so here's hoping for no further complications.

Don't rate the Kane variety of the Richardson's so a bit surprised that Hazlewood was still overlooked.

Chris Morris has replaced the injured Anrich Nortje in the SAfrican squad.

I feel for Nortje and like what he's done so far, but I really think Morris has a huge role to play for South Africa in the tournament so I think they had to find a way to get him in somehow.

Ah damn I was really hoping he'd get up, brings great enthusiasm and is always at the batsman. Will be an important member of the Ashes lineup so here's hoping for no further complications.

Don't rate the Kane variety of the Richardson's so a bit surprised that Hazlewood was still overlooked.

I feel for Nortje and like what he's done so far, but I really think Morris has a huge role to play for South Africa in the tournament so I think they had to find a way to get him in somehow.
Mitch Marsh being snubbed is the head scratcher for me. Hazlewood has the big name and Marsh has his reputation, but honestly 5 front line seamers is too many when you have 2 very capable all rounders with seam bowling.

Mitch Marsh being snubbed is the head scratcher for me. Hazlewood has the big name and Marsh has his reputation, but honestly 5 front line seamers is too many when you have 2 very capable all rounders with seam bowling.

Do the replacements have to be like for like? Mitch Marsh would have given them more flexibility within the squad that is for sure. Stoinis is really the elephant in the room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buttler put together another clinic last night. 100 off 50, what an amazing batsman he's become.

But on the highlights very impressed with Pakistan's batting. Could well surprise if they get on a roll, have got some very damaging players in the lineup and the extremely consistent Babar Azam. Somewhat surprisingly given their history, their bowling will probably be too big a weakness this time round.

0_MAIN-Cricket-Ball-tampering-hoo-ha-overshadows-electric-Buttler-ton.jpg

0_MAIN-Cricket-Ball-tampering-hoo-ha-overshadows-electric-Buttler-ton.jpg

Just heard the poms are bringing out the older Duke designed ball as it has a higher seam lol.
Weird comment to make in the World Cup discussion thread given all ODIs use a Kookaburra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back