2019 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m trying not to be greedy but how do we get Jackson, Taylor, Robertson, Rivers and Henry? 🤪
Adapated from what Chris25 wrote in here the other day
Trades: (pick values assuming GC get priority pick)
BHill to St Kilda for Pick 6
Langdon to Melbourne for Pick 21
Pick 21 and 24 to Bulldogs for Pick 13 (can then use those seconds to get Josh Bruce and Alex Keath who they're into)

Then on Draft Night
Pick 6: Robertson
Pick 7: Rivers
Pick 13: Jackson
Left over picks: Henry
trade back in using 2020 2nd rounder for Taylor

probably means we have a fairly sized point deficit for 2020 though.

Pick 21 and 24 to Bulldogs for Pick 13 (can then use those seconds to get Josh Bruce and Alex Keath who they're into)

Then on Draft Night

The pick we get for Blakley we pickup Taylor

Would love to pickup Deven,can never have enough midfielders and this guy can find the ball.

DEVEN ROBERTSON

Clubs:
Perth/Western Australia

Position: Midfielder

Size: 182cm, 80kg

Bio: Going back and watching the vision from Robertson’s Under 18 carnival, it’s clear to see why he won the Larke Medal as the best player. While he still has areas of his game that can be improved, his ball-winning and impact in the contest throughout 2019 has been profound. The midfielder broke Sam Walsh’s record for the most touches in a four-game Under 18 carnival, averaging 30 disposals, 6.8 tackles and 4.8 clearances. Shoulder surgery ended Robertson’s season, with the nephew of West Coast great Darren Glass appearing unlikely to test at the national combine.

Then on Draft Night

I think we trade 5 and 6 to Crows for 3, 22 and 26.

Then we trade 3 to Giants for 11, 15 and something.

11, 15, 21, 22, 24, 26 and cross our fingers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m trying not to be greedy but how do we get Jackson, Taylor, Robertson, Rivers and Henry?
Trade 1.
Pick 6 and Langdon to Melbourne for pick 2

Trade 2.
Pick 2 to gws for 11 and 15

Trade 3.
Brad hill to saints for pick 5

Trade 4. (If we are feeling brave)
Future first to Adelaide for 21 and 26

Freo: 5, 11, 15, 21, 24, 26

5 - Robertson
11 - Jackson
15 - Henry
21 - Sharp
24 - Taylor
26 - Rivers

I think we trade 5 and 6 to Crows for 3, 22 and 26.

Then we trade 3 to Giants for 11, 15 and something.

11, 15, 21, 22, 24, 26 and cross our fingers.

Yuk, you’re really determined we don’t get any elite talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trade 1.
Pick 6 and Langdon to Melbourne for pick 2

Trade 2.
Pick 2 to gws for 11 and 15

Trade 3.
Brad hill to saints for pick 5

Trade 4. (If we are feeling brave)
Future first to Adelaide for 21 and 26

Freo: 5, 11, 15, 21, 24, 26

5 - Robertson
11 - Rivers
15 - Henry
21 - Jackson
24 - Sharp/Taylor
26 - Taylor/Trade for a player

You’re a genius. We get Flanders, Rivers, Robertson, Henry, Jackson and Sharp! Fuxk Taylor, the name puts me off anyway.

I think we can probably grab everyone we want with 11, 15, 21, 22, 24 and 26 with the exception of one of Jackson/Rivers/Robertson

11 - Robertson
15 - Jackson
21 - Henry
22 - Sharp
24 - Taylor
26 - ?

26 we're missing out on defensive depth, if we want all WA we can reach for Ruscoe or go for a more appropriate Finlay/Hilder/Bianco/Perez
Or if we prefer Inside Mid depth with the prospect of grabbing Pina/Pasini/Prior or Rowles later on, we can take Schoenberg/O'Neill/C.Stephens/Mahony/Rantall

With GWS winning now, getting the first two picks from them is actually not ideal for us anymore. the later one has a very good chance of being taken by a Henry bid. Better off just taking 5 and 6 to the draft. Makes it a bit more boring but its likely to just be 5,6, 20, 24 and whatever else we can squeeze out of the Saints

With GWS winning now, getting the first two picks from them is actually not ideal for us anymore. the later one has a very good chance of being taken by a Henry bid. Better off just taking 5 and 6 to the draft. Makes it a bit more boring but its likely to just be 5,6, 20, 24 and whatever else we can squeeze out of the Saints
Henry chews up a pick regardless. The trade down works if the club thinks we are picking outside of the elite bracket of this draft at 5&6, and in the reportedly good next bracket which extends to 30.

I don’t reckon Henry will get bid on that early. Teams (other than us and maybe the scum more recently) generally seem circumspect when it comes to WA indigenous talent from outside of the metro area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back