2019 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree. He has a better field kick by far than hill, Henry kicks to advantage of his team mates reminiscent of Walters plus he is about 10cm taller and still kicks a good goal.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They are very similar field kicks actually and he is 3-5cm taller depending on which height you take.

I'll happily bet you Henry doesn't get taken in the first 10.

Hamling + Pearce + Logue + Gould is too tall.

I don't think he has a spot at Freo, that's my point. I think he is all but guaranteed to play 200 games but is simply not in a position of need unless we write off Griff.

Ash I can definitely understand, since I suspect he is a better version of Wilson eventually, but not Gould. Probably Young as well.
Logue, Pearce and Gould are quick.

Gould breaks the lines.

I don't think he will go top 10 either but he will got first round unlike Hill. I rate him over than hill.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Given Tundrawolf's reporting about Hill before the draft last year I am going to guess that had more to do with his personality than ability.

Agree Henry probably goes in the teens and a big part of that is his apparent A+ character.

Something about Gould says 'his scope for improvement is limited'. Might be one of those players that has reached his peak early on.
You are not the only one to say that and that’s why most mock drafts have in teens.

He is a man child for sure and January born.

People said the same about Hurn, Worpel and Hurn.

Sure, years ago we selected Leigh Brown over Glass because Brown could play straight away.

Watch the Vic Country vs SA game.

The kid keeps running.

Second last goal of the game was amazing.
I watched that game.

He is gun, but I'll stop short of calling him line breaking by carrying the ball until I see something demonstrating that.

Ash I would definitely call line breaking and may well be available to us. Much better fit.

I watched that game.

He is gun, but I'll stop short of calling him line breaking by carrying the ball until I see something demonstrating that.

Ash I would definitely call line breaking and may well be available to us. Much better fit.
Fair enough.

Ash struggled against WAs pressure and so did Young.

Gould and Ash numbers are about the same, but Gould was playing seniors and Ash playing NAB.

In saying that, every mock draft has Ash top 10 and Gould in the teens.

I prefer Gould because he has produced against grown men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue ran a 15.1 beep test Langdon ran a 15.3

Griffen ran a 25.08 repeat sprint. Langdon ran 24.06

Griffen ran a 9.58 3km time trial Ed didn’t register in the top 10 so slower than 10.11

Griffen ran at 76.7% DE compare to 70.4% for ed. Turnover Logue 2.4 Ed 4.6

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Logue's effort on the wing against Sydney with like 3-4 tackles in a row is by far one of the greatest bits of footy i've ever seen, would be insane to have that kind of pressure through the middle of the ground if he can keep repeating it

Logue's effort on the wing against Sydney with like 3-4 tackles in a row is by far one of the greatest bits of footy i've ever seen, would be insane to have that kind of pressure through the middle of the ground if he can keep repeating it
We could use him like Blicav in the West Coast game.

Starts a wing and rolls back and covers for defenders who want to go for a run.

We could use him like Blicav in the West Coast game.

Starts a wing and rolls back and covers for defenders who want to go for a run.

for options, so far we have;

- Get Stephen Hill fit
- Play Darcy Tucker on the wing
- Get Dardy heaps fit and play him on the wing
- Bring in Sturt and play him on the wing
- Draft Stephens, Sharp or another wingman
- Trade in Robertson or McIntosh
- Play Walters on the wing to take a bit of heat off of him
- Play Logue as a defensive pressuring wing who can roll back and allow Wilson/Ryan to get up the ground
- Get Acres from Saints and turn him into an elite player that dudes who play for the saints never develop to

The possibilities are endless & our brand spanking new coach with his elite new game plan will bring this all together!!!!!

bye bye Brad thanks for pick 5 ! :handwaving::handwaving:

Last edited:
Gould reminds me of a fatter, taller Mitch Crowden - Likely to get found out at the top level.

Gould reminds me of a fatter, taller Mitch Crowden - Likely to get found out at the top level.

Gould is playing against, and beating, AFL listed opponents already. And that’s not because he’s bigger than them.

He’s as safe a prospect as there is in my opinion. With development to come. Should be the odds on favourite to win the rising star next year.

Gould is playing against, and beating, AFL listed opponents already. And that’s not because he’s bigger than them.

He’s as safe a prospect as there is in my opinion. With development to come. Should be the odds on favourite to win the rising star next year.
Chris, just a side point.

Do you think that players who produce are seen not to have any room for improvement?

Chris, just a side point.

Do you think that players who produce are seen not to have any room for improvement?

Not necessarily. Guys like Rankine and Rozee were producing at league level last year, and there's no question about their room for improvement. The difference with Gould is people look at him and assume he's just playing well because he's already so big. So they discount what he's actually doing.

Where he gets drafted will depend on what role teams project for him. There may be some who see just a third or fourth tall defender, so would have a later range on him. Others will see a versatile and attacking player, with a Hodge/Shaw/Hurn ability to lead and organise a back half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back