2019 Young Talent Time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bastyy

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2015
Launceston, TAS
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is Regan Clarke a proper chance to be drafted? I didn't pay much attention to him in the championships. Same with Chad Warner

I do really like Tyrone Thorne. He seems like a rookie pick if anything but could be anything under the right circumstances

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
So what Hill was available this year instead we pick up guys like Switta who as a small fwd doesn’t kick goals and Shultzs who can’t get a game, there right in front of our eyes and we still over look them , btw not only small fwds any player in general.
See if you can spot the difference there. And here are a couple of hints. Age and draft pick.

I am also quite fine with players getting out of WA for awhile, as BHill did. Great experience for them. Hamling spent years developing on some other club's list. Fantastic for us, and then jagged an opportunity to play in a Premiership because of injury. Awesome return for the club, plus he didn't have to put up with the rubbish that would've been poured on him by bf posters because he was too skinny and couldn't get a game ahead of MacPharlin and Johnson.

Last edited:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Ultimately, there are really three positions he can play - ruck, key forward, key defender. Two of which he'd be a project.
I'd really like him on the list, but in the end, even from the local boys, there are too many that I would prefer to see on the list ahead of him.

yyou

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
Is Regan Clarke a proper chance to be drafted? I didn't pay much attention to him in the championships. Same with Chad Warner

I do really like Tyrone Thorne. He seems like a rookie pick if anything but could be anything under the right circumstances
I saw the final game live & both impressed me.
Clarke knocked up getting the ball & used it well.
Warner isn't flashy, but is very accountable as a mid & has good skills.

The Lyon Roars

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm all for picking local players later on in the draft, but first round should be about best available.

Considering where our first pick is looking to be, I wouldn't be able to justify taking a WA kid that early. If we can manage to get another first round pick in (say in the 10-15 range) before a bid for Liam Henry comes, then I'd be happy to go local and look at Deven Robertson or Elijah Taylor. But unless we move on Darcy, I just can't see Luke Jackson being a good pick up for a rebuilding side. We've invested too heavily in Lobb and Hogan, plus the years of development we've put into Darcy and Taberner. Comparative to other positions, a ruck wouldn't hugely improve our side.

We should definitely be looking at the likes of Trent Rivers, Jarvis Pina, Jake Pasini, Trey Ruscoe and Ryan Bennell outside of the first round though.

I would think Jackson is not that far behind Naughton and Blakey...in being a capably fast project for CHB and CHF.

Top Bottom