Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Thorne is sub-170cm.
Isn't Thorne pretty small? He'll go pretty late if he is so we will get our chance.

169cm so yes even in the small category that tiny.

Thorne is needed. Sign him up. We have not had a goal kicking shorty for too many years.

Matera? Switkowski? We get Henry who IMO is a heap better as well....wouldn't be on my priority list but fine as a rookie. One thing I have seen (with Thorne) is that does not seem that reliable a set shot kick.

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Hi Chris, how do you rate Sam Ramsey? Will be a reach for our socond?

I would think so. Maybe third round onwards. But if we're taking another short guy, I'd want one who kicks goals.

Chris, just watched the SA vs Vic C.

Gould was clearly the best player.

Should we pick him at 5/6?

He's been the best player in most games he's played. And I'd have him at unbackable odds for the rising star next year. So he could easily be considered best available at our pick. I just can't get a read about how clubs will view him though.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would think so. Maybe third round onwards. But if we're taking another short guy, I'd want one who kicks goals.

He's been the best player in most games he's played. And I'd have him at unbackable odds for the rising star next year. So he could easily be considered best available at our pick. I just can't get a read about how clubs will view him though.
I think teams might pass over him due to looks. He is a man child and looks fat.

For me, he doesn’t play fat.

His run from the backline is good as Ash and skills as Young plus he can intercept mark.

Nter1

Debutant
Aug 31, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think teams might pass over him due to looks. He is a man child and looks fat.

His run from the backline is good as Ash and skills as Young plus he can intercept mark.

Reminds me of a young guy from Melbourne with ginger hair

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU

Gould just screams footballer to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gould just screams footballer to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adelaide and Port will be desperate to get Gould and/or Stephen. They definitely go for locals first. Wish we’d do that more.

At pick 4(5) Adle can take one. Port may want to jump up the order to take Stephen.
Would consider swapping 6(7) future third for 9(10) and 27(??)

Or is that a risk with NM a chance at picking Henry?

Sounds like Shannon Hurn who from memory slipped from being in contention for a top 3 pick to 13 a lot due to people thinking he didn't have the physical development in him.
He turned out alright.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
GWS wants pick 2 or 3.

Brisbane has picks 15,19.

West Coast has picks 14, 22.

Let’s go with the lions trade.

Then we have picks 5,15,19,20,24

Pick 5 goes on Stephens

Picks 15,19,20 goes Henry and Two of Robertson/Sharp/Rivers/Jackson

Pick 24 on Taylor

Nets us Stephens, Henry, 2 WA kids, and Taylor.

Would the Lions want to do the trade?

They need a ruck, Jackson is in the 14-20 range.

They like Vic country kids, and need an inside monster like Kemp. Pick 6 gives them access to Kemp,Young,Flanders,and Serong.
As a Brisbane fan, 100% I would be up for trading our first two picks for your first. Take who ever of Kemp, Stephens or Gould is left on board.

We don’t need a ruck that bad yet.

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Time for another mock draft. This time I've included some trades for fun as well as the priority pick for Gold Coast, it's probably a best case scenario for Fremantle but still fairly realistic...

1. Gold Coast - Matthew Rowell
2. Gold Coast - Noah Anderson
3. GWS - Caleb Serong
4. Adelaide - Dylan Stephens
5. GWS (matched bid) - Tom Green
6. Sydney - Brodie Kemp
7. Fremantle - Lachie Ash
8. Fremantle - Deven Robertson
9. North Melbourne - Hayden Young
10. Brisbane - Will Gould
11. Port Adelaide - Sam Flanders
12. Hawthorn - Fischer McAsey
13. Melbourne - Dylan Williams
14. Fremantle - Luke Jackson
15. Melbourne - Cody Weightman
16. Geelong - Trent Rivers
17. Hawthorn (matched bid) - Finn Maginness
18. Gold Coast - Trent Bianco
19. Sydney - Jeremy Sharp
20. Fremantle (matched bid) - Liam Henry
21. Carlton - Sam Philp
22. Richmond - Elijah Taylor
23. Gold Coast - Will Day
24. St Kilda - Josh Worrell
25. Adelaide - Harrison Jones
26. Geelong - Miles Bergman
27. Sydney - Cooper Stephens
28. Adelaide - Cameron Taheny
29. North Melbourne - Sam DeKoning
30. Port Adelaide (matched bid) - Jackson Mead

Trades
Melbourne #3 to GWS for #12 and #14
St Kilda #6 to Fremantle in Brad Hill trade
Carlton #9 to Brisbane for #16 and #20
Melbourne #21 to Fremantle in Ed Langdon trade
Western Bulldogs #13 to Fremantle for picks #21 and #25
West Coast #15 and #22 to Geelong in Tim Kelly trade
Geelong #17 to Saints in Jack Steven trade, on traded to Sydney in Zak Jones trade
Carlton #20 to Gold Coast in Jack Martin trade
Western Bulldogs #21 to Saints in Josh Bruce trade
Western Bulldogs #25 to Adelaide in Alex Keath trade

The net loss/gain for us is Brad Hill, Ed Langdon and a second round pick (#28) for two first round picks (#7 and #14).

Some of the trades would have added pieces like the Jack Steven, Tim Kelly and Josh Bruce ones. But I think the Bulldogs would be a realistic option to trade up with, as it gives them the chance to turn their one pick into both Bruce and Alex Keath.

No, none of it will happen. But I was bored.

Oct 19, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Time for another mock draft. This time I've included some trades for fun as well as the priority pick for Gold Coast, it's probably a best case scenario for Fremantle but still fairly realistic...

The net loss/gain for us is Brad Hill, Ed Langdon and a second round pick (#28) for two first round picks (#7 and #14).

Some of the trades would have added pieces like the Jack Steven, Tim Kelly and Josh Bruce ones. But I think the Bulldogs would be a realistic option to trade up with, as it gives them the chance to turn their one pick into both Bruce and Alex Keath.

No, none of it will happen. But I was bored.
Love this post

Back