2019 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I know. The problem is that Melbourne doesnt want to according to reports. They want Young or Green (if GWS didnt match) and then they dont want to risk getting back Pick 6 and a high first round pick or even a first and a second future pick in return. The problem is that already Gold Coast have an extra at pick 11, Daniher will probably leave to Sydeny so they get a future first if that happens and on top of that their will be almost certainly uncertainty about what picks will end being pushed back after academy and father son bids. Unless a third team becomes involved I cant see it happening.
Adelaide is prob keen and four to six isn’t a big slide. Aside from Sydney they seem the biggest threat to putting in an early bid on Green.

If our mail close to the draft is an early bid on Henry with Melb (8/9) and Carlton (9/10) then I’d suggest we talk to Geelong and organise a trade so we get another late 1st round (10+22 > 14+17).

I would consider Jackson at 17/18 if he is still available which I doubt. According to shifty Sheehan the first 20 are quite even (after picks 1&2) then thins out into the second round but he still rates the talent overall as good as last year. Obviously the earlier the picks the better but McGuiness is a good chance for a bid around 18-21. So pick 22 will drop back at least two picks to 24. For our third pick I’d rather have pick 18/19 than 24/25.

If Henry gets an early bid in the top 10 so be it. He must be a gun.

Liking Flanders the most at the moment. We need goals.

Stephens look good. Maybe Jackson at 10(11)?

Ive been told from an East Fremantle source that Luke Jackson will be taken before pick 5. Could make our decisions abit easier.
This would shock me, so Melbourne or GWS want him bad because I cant see Adelaide or Sydney taking him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Adelaide and GWS do a trade and GWS pick up Jackson at 4 and then match bid for Green at 5. Perhaps Adelaide keen on Dylan Stephens which they would select at 7 before Freo at 8.

Crows in a great position to trade with GWS, potential two first rounders for slipping from 4 to 6.
Sydney could do the same and get picks to satisfy Daniher trade

Reckon Adelaide and GWS do a trade and GWS pick up Jackson at 4 and then match bid for Green at 5. Perhaps Adelaide keen on Dylan Stephens which they would select at 7 before Freo at 8.
I’m surprised more noise isn’t being made around this. Surely Melbourne don’t draft another inside mid, their supporters would riot. GWS would have to be pretty confident 4 is sufficient, so why not do it for cheaper with Adelaide

I’m surprised more noise isn’t being made around this. Surely Melbourne don’t draft another inside mid, their supporters would riot. GWS would have to be pretty confident 4 is sufficient, so why not do it for cheaper with Adelaide
I’ve read from a few people/Journalists that Melbourne haven’t been too keen to trade down. They were originally looking for two top ten picks as a swap for 3 but they have achieved two top 10 picks another way. I think they like pick 3 now.

Also I remember this article from a couple of months ago (pretty impressed I actually found it) about Adelaide and their first pick:

I don’t think Melbourne will bid on Henry. Brave to do so considering the affiliation he has with WA and freo. The board and fans will be concerned they threw away their 2020 first pick if we decide to not match a bid and Henry is keen to return home from Melbourne in the short term. Heads would roll. Same as Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back