Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is full on if she said that during apartheid.
Still not offensive enough to not name a court after her though I guess.

Depends what your standards are. If you’re looking for Australia’s best female tennis player by an absolute mile, there’s only one choice.

If you’re looking for a flawless person, keep looking. And you would imagine that now means every award given to every other sportsman or woman would need to be re-examined.

I suspect the morally outraged won’t be doing that though. And I’d imagine if you trawled through comments made during Apartheid by other Australian names it would make interesting reading.

Depends what your standards are. If you’re looking for Australia’s best female tennis player by an absolute mile, there’s only one choice.

If you’re looking for a flawless person, keep looking. And you would imagine that now means every award given to every other sportsman or woman would need to be re-examined.

I suspect the morally outraged won’t be doing that though. And I’d imagine if you trawled through comments made during Apartheid by other Australian names it would make interesting reading.
Not necessarily; it just means you don't give a 3rd award to someone for the same thing as a political stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back