Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah other than that i was ok,

Never snuck out, never even drank until I was legal... nothing like those issues

I'm happy to admit in front of my mum that I had my first taste of beer at 9 when I was with my dad & my uncle. It's also when my uncle taught me to play poker, using bottle tops as chips

What I don't admit is that when I was 7/8 I was putting dad's cask wine in the cordial to drink not just at home but also taking it to school - mum kept thinking that there was something wrong with the cordial...

Mum would occasionally buy me something to drink - I remember in 99 when I was 15, we went to Canberra to watch the Supercats play in the national grand final for the winter basketball comps; they won and mum bought me a couple of Southern Comfort & cokes to drink in celebration

I was also one of the younger ones in my friendship group, and in year 12 there was a few 18th birthdays - the parties tended to be at someone's house, so she would buy me something to take & drink

It wasn't very often, if ever, that I drink without her knowledge when I was living at home - unless I was staying with my brother but she probably wouldn't be surprised to know I was drinking when with him

I've always loved coffee, but it's got to be good coffee

I remember after my first year at uni (so I'm 18), that I had come home from Canberra and then my aunt came down from Qld to visit

While she was visiting we went out for coffee, and she proceeded to tell me that I was too young to drink coffee

During the same visit she also told me that I was too old to be eating fruit loops for breakfast

Make up your bloody mind would ya

I've always loved coffee, but it's got to be good coffee

I remember after my first year at uni (so I'm 18), that I had come home from Canberra and then my aunt came down from Qld to visit

While she was visiting we went out for coffee, and she proceeded to tell me that I was too young to drink coffee

During the same visit she also told me that I was too old to be eating fruit loops for breakfast

Make up your bloody mind would ya

18?!?! WTAF

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Having a relaxed attitude, drink in moderation to lead by example and education = the way to go.

Imo
They just don't know what works IMO.
Yet they keep doing it.
Kids are not f**king stupid.
They know your not gonna die or chances are your really not going to end up an alco or a junkie if you drink/do drugs etc
Just be honest! If you do it often you might end up being a bit of a loser.
That would be far more scary to them and effective.

The funny thing about it that my mum used to send me to Qld for 2/3 weeks over the summer holidays - cheap way of keeping me occupied I guess...

But I remember one year I would have been 15/16, and after arriving my aunty showed me the beer she bought me to drink so that I wouldn't be drinking Terry's beer - her boyfriend at the time; he was a really nice guy

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
They just don't know what works IMO.
Yet they keep doing it.
Kids are not f**king stupid.
They know your not gonna die or chances are your really not going to end up an alco or a junkie if you drink/do drugs etc
Just be honest! If you do it often you might end up being a bit of a loser.
That would be far more scary to them and effective.
Dad would occasionally give us kids a sip of his beer down at the RSL or his cricket, but mum didn't drink, and didn't like it.

When I was about 10-y-o I had my adenoids out (after 2 or 3 years of constant bronchial-type problems) and the operation really knocked me around. In just the few days in hospital I lost a stone or more in weight, and dad was absolutely shocked that he had to carry me to the car.

So his solution was to give me a glass of stout after tea, to build me up. It tasted absolutely foul, but he made me drink it all.

However, mum put her foot down when I turned around, staggered sideways then fell flat on my face.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Dad would occasionally give us kids a sip of his beer down at the RSL or his cricket, but mum didn't drink, and didn't like it.

When I was about 10-y-o I had my adenoids out (after 2 or 3 years of constant bronchial-type problems) and the operation really knocked me around. In just the few days in hospital I lost a stone or more in weight, and dad was absolutely shocked that he had to carry me to the car.

So his solution was to give me a glass of stout after tea, to build me up. It tasted absolutely foul, but he made me drink it all.

However, mum put her foot down when I turned around, staggered sideways then fell flat on my face.
Haha. You were hammered.
I can actually see how stout could be good for you though.

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
When I was a teenager and early 20’s I use to love drinking Californian Orange Vodka Cruisers, then they stopped making them and was annoyed. That’s when I started drinking Illusions then but only the bottled ones but once I had a made one I gave up the bottled ones as the made ones are 10 times better. Then since I’ve been known to drink, Moscato, Ciders and Fruit Tingles also.

At uni the go to drink for the cheapies was Passion Pop - it was like $3 a bottle from the on campus convenience store

Never drank it myself - my go to drinks was Redeye or Jolt Cola which were only a couple of bucks a bottle

Other than the odd crazy night, I wasn't much of a drinker at uni

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
At uni the go to drink for the cheapies was Passion Pop - it was like $3 a bottle from the on campus convenience store

Never drank it myself - my go to drinks was Redeye or Jolt Cola which were only a couple of bucks a bottle

Other than the odd crazy night, I wasn't much of a drinker at uni
I drank many a bottle of passion pop back when I was at school.
And there was this pink flavour of it too that used to be about the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back