Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question for those who drink gin - any suggestions of what to do with the bottle that's in my cupboard?

I know the obvious answer is drink it, or mix it with tonic water but I really really really don't like tonic water

Season 1 was great

I also used to love watching the Walking Dead - I know there was something of a slow burn with season 2 as they were limited budget & unsure if it would even continue, but it still had enough to keep me going. But then it fell away after about season 6/7 I think it was - I've watched until about season 8/9 and am interesting in watching the remaining seasons just to see how it ends but it's not one that I'm fixated one
Yeah I was the same. I was so into the first few seasons of the Walking Dead.
It was the same! Got leant the first season then went straight down and bought the second.
But I tell you what. Didn't it just turn into pile of s**t!
I kept at it though till Rick died then stopped. But it was a grind to get that far.

Random question for those who drink gin - any suggestions of what to do with the bottle that's in my cupboard?

I know the obvious answer is drink it, or mix it with tonic water but I really really really don't like tonic water
By some tonic?
I dont know what tonic is.

Yeah i have no idea what youre talking about...

I tried Mad Men?

Lost interest after season 2
That's another one everyone tells me to watch.
I kind of have to be forced into watching a series. Like they lend it to me and the hassle me about how much I've watched.

That's another one everyone tells me to watch.
I kind of have to be forced into watching a series. Like they lend it to me and the hassle me about how much I've watched.

Oh i take YEARS to watch something.

Office UK? What came out in 2003.

I reckon i first watched it in... 2006/7 i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I was the same. I was so into the first few seasons of the Walking Dead.
It was the same! Got leant the first season then went straight down and bought the second.
But I tell you what. Didn't it just turn into pile of sh*t!
I kept at it though till Rick died then stopped. But it was a grind to get that far.

That's when I finished also - the last season or 2 before that point was just so annoying, but I was determined to keep watching as I felt I had invested too much time to stop

but then I stopped anyway

I was also collecting the Walking Dead comics - my brother would buy me an annual for my birthday & then for Xmas (until he got pissed off with the family), so I'm up to about 9/10 in those. They get so much more confusing than the series as they have a lot more characters

there needs to be a character tree at the start of each book so I know who is who, lol

Yep. Faaarken love Vikings. Ivan the boneless is tops

The cool thing about it is it’s actually based on real people, and some things that genuinely happened. There really was a ragnar lothbrok, bjern ironside and ivar the boneless. Apparently ivar becomes the most powerful of all, if it follows real history. And the vikings raiding europe, francia etc really happened. And characters like charlamane, athelred etc were real kings. Obviously they have to fill the stories in, but it’s loosely based on things that happened at the time.

I’ve heard of gin and juice. But i’ve never had it. Might be ok.

That's when I finished also - the last season or 2 before that point was just so annoying, but I was determined to keep watching as I felt I had invested too much time to stop

but then I stopped anyway

I was also collecting the Walking Dead comics - my brother would buy me an annual for my birthday & then for Xmas (until he got pissed off with the family), so I'm up to about 9/10 in those. They get so much more confusing than the series as they have a lot more characters

there needs to be a character tree at the start of each book so I know who is who, lol
They made a spin off called Fear the Walking Dead.
That was really good for a couple of seasons. Was sort of realistic.
But then they did the same thing!!!!
Turned it into this ridiculous piece of s**t.

The cool thing about it is it’s actually based on real people, and some things that genuinely happened. There really was a ragnar lothbrok, bjern ironside and ivar the boneless. Apparently ivar becomes the most powerful of all, if it follows real history. And the vikings raiding europe, francia etc really happened. And characters like charlamane, athelred etc were real kings. Obviously they have to fill the stories in, but it’s loosely based on things that happened at the time.

I’ve heard of gin and juice. But i’ve never had it. Might be ok.
Yeah. Lagatha was a real person too. And Ragna's bro sold out and went to France in real history too.

They made a spin off called Fear the Walking Dead.
That was really good for a couple of seasons. Was sort of realistic.
But then they did the same thing!!!!
Turned it into this ridiculous piece of sh*t.
Once again I fully agree, I actually liked that the two never coincided, so once they introduced Morgan I sort of gave up on it.....Liked them being seperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back