2020/2021 SBFFL Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Few surprises there. I’ve ended up with more forwards than defenders now... Dunkley a mini surprise but Phillips and Caldwell big surprises. Lost Parish though for some reason, he played a fair chunk forward last year.

Wish I knew this before I did the Bobby Hill trade this morning 😂

Brutal - losing Simpson and Bailey Smith from
F/Ms to Mid only. And Dev Rob plays one game and gains F/M status? Would love that explanation.......

TRADE UPDATES:

Pick 3 has now gone to CursingFijian from PetWussy
Pick 23 is now CursingFijian , pick 27 is now PetWussy

1. St Kilda Death needs to accept on UF the Coffield/Blakey trade
2. As noted in the trade above, Taranto has been released as an RFA and can be picked up by PetWussy Dec 14
3. barta for pm & PetWussy need to run the Wines/Danger trade thru UF
4. Make sure your team listings are up to date on the other thread
5. Need to find Left_Billings before we set the draft date

Bump !!

I’m going to dangle Bailey Smith WBD out there for trade. He cost me a 1st round pick last year. Devastated that he lost his F status. Only looking for a FWD or a draft pick......

Olma FC Retirements/Delistings

Kade Simpson (Retired)
Aaron Vandenberg (Delisted)
Callan Ward (Delisted)
Jack Redden (Delisted)
Michael Gibbons (Delisted)
Tom Sparrow (Delisted)

Brutal decisions made Gives me 5 list spots.

I’ll take 3 ND selections and 2 PSD selections

No prospectus anymore... Have to find a new way to determine KPPs

ACFB6004-2631-455B-91A8-DA104BB65585.jpeg

Named in spine, 194+cm?
Bit hard with named teams as some coaches take the piss. I think Devon Smith was named at CHF more times than anyone else for us this year. Height not the best either a lot of KPPs are 190-194cms and then I’ve got Ridley at 192 who definitely isn’t a KPP.

Hopefully Champion data put out something along the lines of a prospectus

Edit: Forgot Cursing has Ridley now

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe we get a similar article closer to the start of the season breaking down key position players

Hmmmm, that sucks. I think the AFL website/app has KPF and KPD as positions. We should have a gander and see if they’re ok...

Edit: They’re actually quite good. I’d be happy to roll with them for KPF and KPD.

maybe we get a similar article closer to the start of the season breaking down key position players
Ryan Lester and Jordan Ridley and Jack Henry KPD?

Yeah, I’d rather the official AFL list. It’s easy to find on the AFL app, but I can’t link it. You go stats, then click player search, and then use the filter, and you can choose key defender or key forward. It doesn’t have either of the 3 above. It also, doesn’t have Nick Haynes (my player), which I also agree with. Check it out, it’s pretty hard to argue with, and it’s easy to check.

Yeah, I’d rather the official AFL list. It’s easy to find on the AFL app, but I can’t link it. You go stats, then click player search, and then use the filter, and you can choose key defender or key forward. It doesn’t have either of the 3 above. It also, doesn’t have Nick Haynes (my player), which I also agree with. Check it out, it’s pretty hard to argue with, and it’s easy to check.
AFL list still has Luke Ryan as a KPD I thought it was a typo aswell as Laverde as KPF which isn't on the other fox footy list

Luke Ryan played as a KPD in 2020 a lot of the season. No idea about Laverde, thoughts? Haychh
Laverde’s a tough one, bit of a ‘tweener. He played as a lead up key forward when we were missing both Daniher and Stewart (not at all effectively) but then will probably play as a high half-forward this year when Wright and Stewart are in the team (if he plays at all). I’d probably say he isn’t a key forward as it definitely isn’t his best position.

Jordan Ridley KPD

1608179633293.png

I wouldn’t argue much with that list, seems fairly good.
Only one made me raise an eyebrow was Robbie fox? Isn’t he short?

I wouldn’t argue much with that list, seems fairly good.
Only one made me raise an eyebrow was Robbie fox? Isn’t he short?
He played tall a lot but he's not on a list anymore anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back