List Mgmt. 2020/2021 Sign, Trade & Draft period

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL has today released the 2020 NAB AFL Women's Draft Order for the upcoming Sign and Trade Period which is scheduled to commence of August 3, 2020.

During this period, Clubs will be permitted to sign up to 27 players, including rookie players. Rookie players in the AFL Women’s Competition are those that have not been listed with any Australian football team for the past three years.

Collingwood will have picks 10, 26 and 40.

Monday August 3
AFLW Sign & Trade Period commences (12pm)

Wednesday August 12
Trade period closes (2pm)
AFLW List Lodgement # 1 (4pm)

Monday August 17
Re-signing and Restricted Free Agent period closes (2pm)
AFLW List Lodgement # 2 (4pm)

Friday August 21
Delisted Free Agent period closes (2pm)
AFLW List Lodgement # 3 (4pm)
AFLW Draft order confirmed

Collingwood Magpies
2020 List

Sophie Alexander, Jordyn Allen, Kaila Bentvelzen, Brittany Bonnici, Ash Brazill, Lauren Butler, Mikala Cann, Sophie Casey, Steph Chiocci, Sarah D’Arcy, Sarah Dargan, Brianna Davey, Erica Fowler, Georgia Gourlay, Emma Grant, Eliza Hynes, Jaimee Lambert, Sharni Layton, Stacey Livingstone, Katie Lynch, Jordan Membrey, Chloe Molloy, Ebony O’Dea, Alana Porter, Machaelia Roberts, Sarah Rowe, Ruby Schleicher, Aishling Sharidan, Maddie Shevlin, Kristy Stratton

Retirements

Emma Grant (defender), Eliza Hynes (ruck)

Current draft picks

10, 26, 40

What they need

A marking and straight kicking forward to take charge inside 50. Collingwood’s lack of a reliable key forward was their glaring weakness this year, and very much seems to be the puzzle piece preventing them from joining the upper echelon of teams. Additionally, they’ll no doubt be on the hunt for a rebounding defender. After losing Jess Duffin two years ago, Emma Grant’s concussion issues and retirement and Ash Brazill’s ACL injury, their running defender stocks have been depleted. Think: Caitlin Greiser, Phoebe Monahan.

Melbourne key defender Harriet Cordner (Richmond), utility Bianca Jakobsson (St Kilda), speedsters Aliesha Newman (Collingwood) and Maddy Guerin (Carlton) and young leader Katherine Smith (has been linked to both GWS and Gold Coast) are expected to be at different clubs in 2021

Collingwood's Sarah D'Arcy, with the duo linked to Richmond.

EXCUSE ME? No, you dont..

Richmond's head of women's footy Kate Sheahan and recruiter Lauren Tesoriero are former Pies players, and D'Arcy won't be the only Collingwood player heading to Punt Road, with improving midfielder Sarah Dargan also on the move.

Fck off.

- Young Pies forward Katie Lynch is expected to head to the Western Bulldogs

- Tasmanian Abbey Green to swap from North Melbourne to Collingwood, shoring up its ruck division following the retirement of Eliza Hynes

Melbourne key defender Harriet Cordner (Richmond), utility Bianca Jakobsson (St Kilda), speedsters Aliesha Newman (Collingwood) and Maddy Guerin (Carlton) and young leader Katherine Smith (has been linked to both GWS and Gold Coast) are expected to be at different clubs in 2021

Collingwood's Sarah D'Arcy, with the duo linked to Richmond.

EXCUSE ME? No, you dont..

Richmond's head of women's footy Kate Sheahan and recruiter Lauren Tesoriero are former Pies players, and D'Arcy won't be the only Collingwood player heading to Punt Road, with improving midfielder Sarah Dargan also on the move.

Fck off.

- Young Pies forward Katie Lynch is expected to head to the Western Bulldogs

- Tasmanian Abbey Green to swap from North Melbourne to Collingwood, shoring up its ruck division following the retirement of Eliza Hynes

Have a love/hate thing for this time of year. I never want to see any
girls leave, but expect to see new girls arrive.:p

Plus Kate Sheahan is really really annoying.

Have a love/hate thing for this time of year. I never want to see any
girls leave, but expect to see new girls arrive.:p

Plus Kate Sheahan is really really annoying.
Yeah. Only one I guess I'm more sad to see leave is D'Arcy.

Richmond need to go to the draft, topping up players clearly isn't working for them lol

D'Arcy leaving is a massive blow. We already have trouble up forward and we're losing our best forward. Every year we get screwed. Balls!
She was one of our best forwards. But I guess if we're getting a speedy forward...

I'd rather both.

She's be the one I'd miss the most.

We'll see. Starts tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And here I was hoping the exodus would slow after an improved year...
Thats what I thought too when I saw this speculation. We had a great year, why would they want to leave? I get Katie, who may want more opportunity. But Dargan and D'Arcy surprise me.
Thank goodness its not Lambert.

Do we know if Brazil will be okay to play in 2021?

D'Arcy leaving is a massive blow. We already have trouble up forward and we're losing our best forward. Every year we get screwed. Balls!

That make our Forward Line even Worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back