2020/21 A-League Grand Final - Melbourne City V Sydney FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Well its been a long and interrupted season at times but after all that we have the some Grand Final as last season.

Melbourne-City-FC-logo.jpg

V

SydFC.png

DATE: Sunday 27th June 2021
Time: 5:05PM
Venue: AAMI PARK, MELBOURNE
TV Broadcast: FOX Sports, Kayo

Again the two best teams of the season play off in the Grand Final. Can Melbourne City Finally win their first Championship? or will Sydney FC make it an historic three championships in a row? Promises to be another classic match, well.. lets hope so these Grand Finals can become dyer affairs.

Prediction: For me its City's time been the best team all season and they will show it in the Grand Final
City 1-0

Enjoy the Grand Final people!

Last edited:

if they cant get a crowd? shouldnt it go to the team that won the champions plate/
It's going to be in Melbourne at aami Park if they can get a crowd in to the game (I think the apl would accept 25%). The decision is to be mad by the end of tomorrow.
"A distant plan b" is to move the grand final, with no specific mention of a venue. If it was to be in Sydney I would say it would be bankwest

Set timeline of needing an answer by Tuesday afternoon.

The AFL is apparently asking for 30% crowd cap, which would mean around 9k at AAMI.

50% would be ideal, but with the 7k at Geelong last Friday it's hard to see the government being too adventurous with crowd numbers

There is no way in hell the game should be in Sydney even if it has to be behind closed doors in Melbourne. If they are just going to move it then what the * is the point of finishing on top?

They'll chase the money. No doubt. Covid has cost the game bucket loads. And those dazzling crowds at Kogarah won't have exactly filled the gap.
I doubt they will go for kograh in the case they do move the game. As with all 3 games that have been moved from Victoria, none have been played at the nsw clubs home ground. So a neutral venue will be the target, I would think bankwest if in Sydney.

From what the orourke has said, it's Melbourne if a crown is available and they will do anything possible to get that up and running. I would think the Vic government would love to host a grand final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The irony is that the Bondi cluster is growing each day, and the Vic cluster is pretty much stamped out (a week of 0 or 1 cases).

Yet the NSW govt says wear masks on public transport and full stadiums and the Vic govt is says we're a closed shop.

I get the ultra cautious approach after last year - but seriously we had positive cases at 2 AFL games with no transmission.

Come on Sutton and Merlio - open the gates and let us in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands down the game should be in Melbourne. They have earnt the right for a home GF. There would be zero sense in having the GF in the away teams venue... if it is held in Sydney soccer in Australia has zero integrity.

Regardless on how many is allowed in at AAMI Park, the game should be played there regardless....

Rubbish. Zero fans means no game. All for even moving it to regional Victoria if it gets fans.

But if your government wants to lockdown with zero cases then that’s a problem you have to deal with.

Hell we have an AFL gf always in Victoria and an NRL one in Sydney all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back